This is the fourth haul of arms and ammunition within a week.
The ISI has give these plane, which can be operated through a remote control and are capable of carrying 10-15 kg of RDX to terrorists.
'If there is a vulnerable family anywhere in the world, it is the Gandhis,' notes Aakar Patel.
The petitioners said they are 'greatly disturbed by the incidents of unruly and disruptive mobs' pelting stones at soldiers and Army convoys in Jammu and Kashmir.
"The meeting lasted 50 minutes," Jail Superintendent Shashikant Mishra told PTI.
In his petition to the Supreme Court, Yakub had stated that he had been in jail for more than 20 years, which is more than the jail term awarded for life imprisonment, which is 14 years.
Six people were killed and over 100 injured when an explosive device strapped on a motorcycle went off near a mosque in Malegaon, a town about 200 km from Mumbai in north Maharashtra, on September 29, 2008.
'Not afraid to look Muslim, not shy of flaunting her nationalism.' 'With a willingness to fight carrying the Constitution, the Flag, the Anthem, Ambedkar, Gandhi and the chant of 'Hindustan Zindabad',' notes Shekhar Gupta.
The National Investigation Agency has accused the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad of planting evidence and coercing witnesses, but its own investigation is incomplete and leaves many questions unanswered.
The accused persons had approached the apex court challenging the denial of their bail,.
The court accepted prosecution's case that the aim of the convicted accused was to create terror in the minds of people and to eliminate public leaders like then Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and Hindu leader Pravin Togadia.
He was rushed to Mumbai's JJ Hospital due to chest pain.
Six people were killed and over 100 injured when an explosive device strapped on a motorcycle went off near a mosque in Malegaon, a town about 200 km from Mumbai in north Maharashtra, on September 29, 2008.
In his hunger for power, the prime minister has forgotten raj dharma, the Congress alleged.
Former Delhi police commissioner Neeraj Kumar is one of the few Indian police officers to speak to Dawood Ibrahim at length after the fugitive gangster fled India. A gripping excerpt from his new book, Dial D For Don: Inside Stories Of CBI Missions.
The summons have been sent at the south Delhi guest house where Shah, the Chairman of Democratic Freedom Party of Jammu and Kashmir, has been kept after Delhi police detained him on Saturday.
The preliminary forensic sciences laboratory report on the Bodh Gaya blasts may have ruled out the use of RDX to trigger the blasts, but investigators say that the attacks bear resemblance with the blasts carried out at Ahmedabad and Jaipur by the Indian Mujahideen
A bench comprising Justices J Chelameswar and A M Sapre asked the Centre and NIA to file their responses within one week.
Five other convicts were also granted varying jail terms by a special MCOCA court.
Seven years after the Mumbai serial train blasts in which nearly 200 people were killed and over 700 injured, the trial in the case is still going on with the special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act court recording the statements of the accused. "The court is now recording the statement of the accused who wanted to depose as a defence witness in the case," said advocate Sherif Sheikh, appearing for some of the accused in the case
Indian Mujahideen's bomb-maker Abdul Subhan's is a case which would make authorities think twice about releasing deadly terrorists on the basis of good nature. Arrested in 2000 for supplying RDX and AK-47 rifles, he was sentenced to 10 years imprisonment by a court. However, because of his good conduct in jail he was released in 2010.
The 7/11 judgment doesn't render justice to those who died in the blasts or to those who have been convicted for it, kin of one of the convicts tells Prasanna D Zore.
A Special MCOCA court has convicted 12 of the 13 accused in the July 11, 2006 Mumbai suburban train bombings in which 188 people were killed.
A Supreme Court judge on Friday recused from hearing a plea against removal of Special Public Prosecutor by NIA in the 2008 Malegaon blasts case, saying that he had represented certain accused in the matter.
On Wednesday, the special MCOCA court in Mumbai awarded death sentences to Kamal Ahamed Ansari, 37, Mohd Faisal Shaikh, 36, Ehtesham Siddiqui, 30, Naveed Hussain Khan, 30 and Asif Khan, 38, for the role they played in the 7/11 Mumbai train blasts, which claimed the lives of 188 people.
"Considering their role, eight convicts deserve death penalty," the prosecution told the court.
The recent input by the Intelligence Bureau -- suggesting that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is being targeted by militant Khalistani groups -- indicates that the Inter Services Intelligence is planning to re-launch its covert movement in India.
'He has terror charges against him. And for an army officer, it's just terrible.'
The American police said that the Las Vegas shooting was not an act of terrorism because he acted alone. The killer was a Christian. Would the police have said the same thing if he was Muslim? I don't think so.
The case took a twist when the defence lawyer sought to call Indian Mujahideen co-founder Sadiq Sheikh as a defence witness after he told the police in 2008 that IM members were responsible for all the blasts that had occurred in India since 2005 including the July 11, 2006 train blasts.
One thing is certain: Demonetisation has broken the back of terror funding, says Colonel Anil A Athale.
Paving the way for his execution, the Supreme Court on Thursday rejected the review plea of Yakub Abdul Razak Memon, sole death row convict and a co-conspirator of fugitive Dawood Ibrahim in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case.
The apex court said it has imposed certain conditions on Purohit while granting bail.
Pronouncing the verdict, the special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court judge Yatin Shinde sentenced to death Faisal Sheikh, Asif Khan, Kamal Ansari, Ehtesham Sidduqui and Naveed Khan who planted the bombs in various trains.
However, the certified copy of the said order was issued by the court only on May 1, 2015.
Looking back at the history of the Memon family from March 12, 1993 to July 30, 2014
The following are the members of the Memon family who faced trial.
'I got to know the men accused of the blasts regularly meeting them in court and jail. Some of them, like Dutt, are back in jail. Others, like Mohammed Jindran, a quiet and well spoken middle class man, were killed. And now of course Yakub is ready to be hanged. The first in the case to do so,' says Aakar Patel.
'He has not done any harm to anyone. Yet you give him life imprisonment.' 'We were told to respect the Constitution. That is what Sai is doing; he is not doing anything beyond the Constitution.'