On Wednesday morning, Pietersen, in a sarcastic mood made a snide comment on Twitter.
Fast bowler Steve Harmison has been ruled out of England's one day warm-up match against Hampshire on Saturday due to an ankle injury.
England's Jonny Bairstow is desperate to keep his place as wicketkeeper for the fourth test against India despite fracturing his middle finger at Trent Bridge last week.
Former test bowler Jason Gillespie has returned home to coach the Adelaide Strikers in Australia's domestic Twenty20 league, dashing speculation the Yorkshire mentor might succeed England coach Peter Moores.
The England captain hurt his right knee facing a delivery from a member of the MCC groundstaff in the nets at Lord's.
The England and Wales cricket board (ECB) has been in a political battle with the government and the ICC over the tour.
James Anderson, James Kirtley and Anthony McGrath have been included in the 13-man squad for the first Test against Zimbabwe.
Adam Hollioake has given his backing to rival candidate Michael Vaughan as England's next one-day captain.
The government has effectively instructed England to cancel October's tour of Zimbabwe, ECB chief Tim Lamb said.
The 15 members of the England and Wales Cricket Board's management board will decide whether the tour should go ahead at a meeting next week.
There is no ban on Kevin Pietersen playing for England but an erosion of trust means he has no place in their plans this summer, new director of cricket Andrew Strauss said on Tuesday.
Peter Moores has left his role as England cricket coach, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Twitter on Saturday.
England 'A' all rounder Graham Wagg has been suspended until January 2006 after testing positive for cocaine.
Seamer Richard Johnson will replace Harmison in the squad for the three-Test series.
The 2004 Champions Trophy will be staged at The Oval, Edgbaston and Hampshire's Rosebowl ground.
Kevin Pietersen was included in a 14-man squad for next week's third Ashes Test against Australia at Old Trafford despite concerns over his calf injury, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) announced on Sunday.
Cricket's last appearance at the Games was at Kuala Lumpur in 1998, when a South African team featuring Jacques Kallis won the men's 50-over competition.
The new contract has no specified expiry date for the English coach.
The 34-year-old will miss tours to Bangladesh and Sri Lanka but hopes to be available for England's tour to West Indies in February next year.
The one-off game of the 20 overs-a-side version of one-day cricket will take place at the Rose Bowl in Southampton on June 13, 2005.
Stokes, 26, and two other men are due to appear before Bristol Magistrates' Court at a date to be fixed.
England's World Cup captain Eoin Morgan has been victim of an attempted blackmail over a former relationship, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Thursday.
Former England skipper Michael Vaughan has called on his country's players to go ahead with their tour of Bangladesh, saying that they should trust the security experts and ignore the political machinations. England's players were earlier given a choice to decide whether they want to tour Bangladesh later this year in the wake of the security concerns despite the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) and its longstanding security expert, Reg Dickason, deeming the trip to Dhaka as safe.
England will not force any player to tour Bangladesh, limited-overs captain Eoin Morgan said, in the wake of the July 1 attack on a Dhaka cafe in which 22 people were killed.
A torn cartilage in his right knee has sidelined the England pace bowler.\n\n
Meanwhile, Middlesex middle-order batsman Dawid Malan has been confirmed the replacement of Stokes in the ODI squad.
England's star all-rounder Ben Stokes says the Bristol bar brawl and the ensuing chain of events, which dogged his career for 15 months, may be the 'best thing that could have happened' to him.
Australia fast bowler Mitchell Starc has been ruled out of the fourth Ashes Test with a heel injury while England paceman Craig Overton will also miss the match in Melbourne with a fractured rib.
Sri Lankan batting great Kumar Sangakkara and former Australian cricketer Jason Gillespie are currently in self-quarantine, following the government's guidelines for those recently returning from Europe, which has now become the epicentre of the COVID-19 pandemic.