Teething problems were evident at India's new Buddh International circuit but Formula One's boss declared that he is satisfied.
Force India's Vitantonio Liuzzi will drop five places on the British Grand Prix starting grid after impeding another driver during qualifying, race stewards said on Saturday.
Lewis Hamilton won his home British Grand Prix for the fourth year in a row on Sunday while Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel suffered a penultimate lap puncture that slashed his championship lead to a single point.
Formula One could start the season behind locked gates due to the COVID-19 pandemic but the glamour sport will likely have to slim down considerably to get the green light to go racing. Across Europe, bans on mass gatherings and public events have been extended into July and August even as countries begin to emerge from the strict lockdowns that have put sporting activities on hold.
Paul di Resta matched his career-best qualifying position on Saturday when he claimed the sixth place on the grid for the Singapore Grand Prix even as his Sahara Force India team-mate Nico Hulkenberg missed out on the top-10.
Formula One champions Mercedes ran their new car for the first time at Silverstone on Wednesday with title holder Lewis Hamilton saying he felt 2019 could turn out even better than last season.
Sahara Force India team principal Vijay Mallya was a satisfied man after his team achieved the target of registering points in the inaugural Indian Grand Prix with Adrian Sutil managing to bring home the car inside the top 10 bracket, in Greater Noida, on Sunday.
Triple Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton has challenged fans to design his race helmet for the new season starting in March.
Mexican Sergio Perez will stay at Force India next year for a fourth straight season, the Silverstone-based Formula One team announced after Sunday's Malaysian Grand Prix.
Force India stood by Adrian Sutil on Tuesday after their German Formula One driver was warned he faced an assault charge following a nightclub incident in China last month.
Formula One moved to end turmoil over engine regulations on Sunday after a weekend of often heated discussions at the British Grand Prix.
Spanish matador Fernando Alonso followed in the footsteps of a veteran Argentine red 'Bull' on Sunday to beat the modern-day Red Bulls and give Ferrari a longed-for 60th anniversary present.
Just days after registering his name in the Guinness World Record as the oldest person to complete a marathon, 100-year-old Fauja Singh has now become the oldest man to star in a PETA ad campaign.
Andrew Flintoff's advice to Formula One teams visiting India for the country's first Grand Prix next week is to fuel themselves on beer and curry.
Force India's pointless streak continued as Paul di Resta and Adrian Sutil finished 12th and 13th respectively in the Spanish Grand Prix at the Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona on Sunday.
Force India have extended their partnership with McLaren until the end of next year and appointed Andrew Green as technical director, the Formula One team said on Friday.
Ace German driver Adrian Sutil will continue with Force India for a fifth consecutive season while Paul di Resta is set to make his debut with the Silverstone-based team in the 2011 FIA Formula One World Championship season.
Embattled Indian business tycoon Vijay Mallya on Friday made a rare public appearance in the United Kingdom as he attended the free practice sessions ahead of Sunday's British Grand Prix, in Silverstone.
Mexican Formula One driver Sergio Perez described his Force India team's financial situation as 'critical' on Thursday, and recognised that his own future remained uncertain.
Adrian Sutil lost a dramatic duel with pole-sitter Sebastian Vettel in the final lap to finish eighth, as Force India added four valuable points from an eventful British Grand in Silverstone on Sunday. His team mate Vitantonio Liuzzi also featured in a wheel-to-wheel duel with Ferrari's Fernando Alonso before finishing 11th, just outside the points bracket.
Force India F1 team rule out name change this year
Formula One championship leader Lewis Hamilton is certain the in-fighting affecting rivals Red Bull could never happen at McLaren despite teammate Jenson Button lying just behind him in second spot.
India's Karun Chandhok was confident his Formula One career remained on track on Friday despite being dropped by his Hispania (HRT) team for next week's German Grand Prix.
Ferrari will still win the Formula One championship despite failing to score any points in Britain at the weekend, according to their double world champion Fernando Alonso.
Adrian Sutil will start Sunday's British Grand Prix 11th on the grid, four places ahead of team-mate Vitantonio Liuzzi as none of the Force India drivers could make it to the third qualifying session (Q3) in Silverstone on Saturday.
Even though both the drivers finished inside the top 10 Force India chairman Vijay Mallya said he had expected the Canadian Grand Prix to yield more points for the Silverstone-based outfit.
The 39-year-old appeared at Italy's Sanremo festival in March, where he sang a duet with Bologna coach Sinisa Mihajlovic and said he would like to try acting.
Lewis Hamilton collected his champion's trophy at a glittering gala in Paris after ending the year in touching distance of Michael Schumacher's records for wins and titles.
Having an Indian driver in Force India just for the sake of it would have been counter-productive for the Silverstone-based outfit, said Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone.
Formula One team Force India has been slapped with a heavy euro 1,074,730 fine by the Queen's Bench Division in the High Court of Justice in London over a fee dispute with Italian company Aerolab.
Despite missing nearly an hour of track time due to late arrival of his seat, India's Armaan Ebrahim managed to finish overall sixth quickest in the first Formula 2 pre-season testing Silverstone.
Incidents in his life that Sachin Tendulkar would rather forget.
The Briton made the comments in an interview to the BBC in reference to Formula 1 embracing new countries to hold races.
Italian Vitantonio Liuzzi will replace compatriot Giancarlo Fisichella at Force India for the remaining five races of the season, the Formula One team said on Monday.
Force India has agreed to release Giancarlo Fisichella, who earned the team its first podium finish in Sunday's Belgian Grand Prix, and the Italian will join Ferrari, sources said on Thursday.
Force India is banking on a new aero update and its drivers' liking for the layout to swell its point tally in the Monaco Grand Prix here on Sunday.
Ajith exclusively talks about his first test race at Formula 2 Championships.
Ferrari unveiled their new Formula One car, the SF70-H, with the minimum of fanfare after a disappointing 2016 season but plenty of hope among fans that the Italian team will return to winning ways.
Adrian Sutil is yet to score his first points this year but the Force India driver is impressed with the potential of the car and has no doubts that regular points and occasional podium finish would be the order of the season for the Silverstone-based outfit.
Vitantonio Liuzzi has been among the points right from the start of the season and Force India chairman Vijay Mallya now wants the other driver, Adrian Sutil, to follow suit.