August 22, 2008 21:57 IST
The case involving Ken Haywood, from whose internet connection a threatening mail was sent a few minutes prior to the Ahmedabad [Images] serial blasts, was a judicial matter for India, US assistant secretary, Richard Boucher said on Friday.
"I have no comment on the issue. I do not know the details of the case," Boucher, assistant secretary, Bureau of South and Central Asian Affairs, said.
"The case is a judicial matter for India," Boucher said.
Haywood, an American national, left the country on August 18 despite a look out notice being issued against him by the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad.
The threatening email sent by alleged terror group Indian Mujahideen [Images] a few minutes prior to the Ahmedabad serial blasts on July 26 was traced to the American national's internet protocol address in Navi Mumbai.
Three computers from Haywood's residence had been seized and he underwent scientific tests like brain mapping and polygraph tests, but was cleared as a suspect by ATS officials after reports from the Forensic Science Laboratory in both matters were negative.
ATS officials suspect Haywood's unsecured wireless internet connection was used to send the email by alleged mastermind of the blasts Taqueer.
|© Copyright 2008 PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent.|