Chef Vinay Kumar from the Novotel Vijayawada Varun shares three delectable recipes to try from the comfort of your home this winter.
Green Peas Risotto
- 80 gm risotto rice
- 20 gm green peas
- 30 gm spinach paste
- 20 gm onion
- 15 gm garlic
- 10 gm green chilli, chopped
- 50 gm potato
- 2 gm jeera
- 2 gm turmeric powder
- 5 gm fresh coriander, chopped
- 30 gm sweet potato
- 10 gm fennel seeds
- 20 gm butter
- 30 gm cream
- Make a stock of fennel seeds and use it for cooking the risotto.
- Take a pot and saute onion and garlic.
Add risotto rice (without soaking) and cook with stock.
When the rice is cooked 70 per cent, add spinach puree and cook well.
Add green peas, salt, fresh cream and butter.
The risotto is ready when you achieve a smooth consistency.
For the aloo jeera
- Cut potato into small dices and boil until cooked.
- Heat a pan with oil and temper with cumin and garlic.
Add onions and stir.
Add salt and turmeric powder and saute.
Add potatoes and top it with fresh coriander.
For the garnish, fry thin slices of sweet potato.
Makhamalisubz Croquette with pear-ginger chutney and cardamom carrot puree
- 100 gm carrot
- 20 gm beans
- 20 gm cauliflower
- 20 gm potato
- 15 gm khoya
- 10 gm almonds
- 10 gm cashew nuts
- 10 gm raisin
- 20 gm refined flour
- 10 gm ginger
- 15 gm pear
- 15 gm demerara sugar
- 5 gm cinnamon
- 5 gm star anise
- 50 ml oil
- 30 gm corn flour
- 10 gm salt
- 20 gm green chilli
- 10 gm cardamon
- 30 gm hung curd
- 30 gm paneer
- 20 gm mint
- 10 gm coriander
- Chop all the vegetable and blanch.
Boil potato and peel it.
When it cools, mix flour and make the dough.
- Take a bowl and put hung curd, cottage cheese and salt. Mix well.
- Drop some oil in your palm and then take a small portion of dough and flatten it.
Place some stuffing with dry fruits, veggies, hung curd and cottage cheese in it and roll it in shape of a sphere.
Make all kebabs similarly.
Coat with panko bread crumb and keep aside for frying.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry kebab very gently till golden brown in colour.
For ginger pear chutney
- Chop ginger and pear into miniature dices and cook with jeera, green chilli, star anise and cinnamon.
When they are cooked, add ginger, pear, salt and demerara sugar.
Cook nicely until they get caramelised.
For the carrot puree
- Boil carrot with cardamom and sugar.
Once boiled, cool immediately and blend well.
Take a pan and cook carrot puree with butter and cream.
Add salt and serve with crispy ginger on top.
Sea Bass with Cauliflower Smoked Cream and Tandoori Broccoli
- 200 gm sea bass
- 2 gm thyme
- 30 gm garlic
- 50 gm onion
- 80 gm cauliflower
- 40 gm cream
- 250 ml milk
- 40 gm broccoli
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 20 gm zucchini
- 10 gm deggi chilli powder
- 10 gm salt
- 30 ml oil
- 50 gm butter
- 1 lemon
- Portion sea bass as 100 gm each and marinade with salt.
- Take a pan and heat milk.
Add garlic, onion and cauliflower and cook until soft.
After it cools, blend only cauliflower with cream, salt and keep aside.
You can smoke it with your choice of flavour.
- Blanch broccoli for a minute in boiling water.
Marinade with chilli yogurt and cook in tandoor.
- Saute cherry tomato and zucchini ribbons in butter and garnish.