Chef Ranveer Brar offers a quick-fix breakfast: If you have access to a fresh croissant, convert it into a delicious Caramelised Pear Croissant Sandwich, spiked with a little chilly and black pepper.
Surprise your loved one with this morning plate of happiness.
Caramelised Pear Croissant Sandwich
- 1 ripe soft pear
- 20 gm or 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 30 gm hung curd or hung yoghurt
- 2-3 tbsp caramel-flavoured syrup
- Dash salt
- Dash black pepper powder
- Dash chilly flakes
- 1 fresh croissant
- Parchment paper
- Core and slice the pear into thick slices, but keep the peel.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Place the pear slices on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle 2 tbsp of the caramel syrup and bake in the oven until the slices are softened and caramelised, for about 10-15 minutes.
Take out of the oven and cool.
- Mix the hung curd with the remaining 1 tbsp caramel syrup.
Slit the croissant lengthwise into two halves.
Place the sliced caramelised pear slices on the face of one of the halves.
Garnish with the chopped walnuts and a dollop of the hung curd mixture.
Sprinkle black pepper powder, chilly flakes, salt.
Top with the other half of the croissant to form a sandwich.
Note: 2 cups dahi/yoghurt makes about 1 cup hung curd. And 1 cup hung curd weighs 200 gm.
Chef Ranveer Brar is an author, MasterChef India judge and restaurateur with over 25 years of experience in the food industry.