Aditi Singh from Bengaluru shares her quick and simple recipe.
Black Sesame Chicken
- 70 gm black sesame seeds
- 2 inch ginger piece
- 3 green chillies
- 8-9 garlic cloves
- 5 dried red chillies
- Mustard oil
- 450 gm chicken
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion, chopped roughly
- A pinch of salt
- Little sugar
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 medium size tomato, chopped
- Roast the black sesame seeds.
In a blender, add the roasted sesame, ginger, green chillies, garlic, 3 dried red chillies and a little water to make a paste.
- In a pan, heat some mustard oil.
Fry the chicken.
Once the chicken is done, in the same pan, add a little oil and add 2 dried red chillies and bay leaves.
Stir for 10 seconds.
- Add onion and cook till golden brown.
Add salt to taste, sugar and turmeric.
- Add tomato, followed by the paste and then the chicken.
Add a little water for the gravy.
Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Watch the video: