As winter sets in, satiate your sweet cravings with this laddoo that's filled with the goodness of dry fruits.
Swathi Kamath from San Francisco shares her special recipe.
- 2 cup freshly grated coconut
- 1½ cup jaggery powder
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp ghee/clarified butter
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ cup seedless dates
- ¼ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup cashew nuts
- ¼ cup almonds
- In a blender take seedless dates, raisins and dry blend them coarsely.
- Finely chop cashew nuts, pistachios and almonds.
Do not powder them.
Dry roast them till they slightly change colour or become aromatic.
- In a heavy-bottomed pan add grated coconut, jaggery, ghee and cook on low flame till the mixture becomes almost dry.
- Add coarsely ground dates and raisins.
Mix evenly and fry on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add finely chopped and roasted dry fruits and mix.
Add cardamom powder, mix and switch off the flame.
- Allow to cool for a minute and immediately start making the laddoos.
You can store the laddoos in an airtight container for 15 days.
Would you like to share an interesting recipe or cooking video?