Craving for comfort food? Here's a recipe you can enjoy as you snuggle under your blanket.
The recipe has been shared by Executive Chef Merajuddin Ansari of Four Points by Sheraton, Navi Mumbai.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbsp onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large chicken breast
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 1 slice bread, cut into cubes
- 2 large handfuls of spinach, shredded
- 4 green beans, trimmed, halved and cut into chunky pieces
- 40 gm fresh or frozen peas
- 400 gm borlotti beans, drained and rinsed (This is optional. You can choose any green vegetable as per your liking.)
- Heat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas.
- Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a pan and brown the chicken.
Remove from flame.
- Bring the stock to a boil in the same pan.
Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
Turn off the heat and cover with a lid.
Let it stand for 30 minutes.
- Put the bread cubes on a baking tray.
Drizzle with oil, some salt and parmesan.
Bake for 6 minutes until crunchy and golden.
Remove and scrape off the bread onto a plate.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and slice it.
Take a pan and saute onion, garlic, spinach, blanched beans, green peas and boiled borlotti beans.Cook for 5 minutes.
Add chicken stock to the vegetables and cook for 1 minute.
Heat everything through, then pour into bowls on top of chicken or you can put on the base.
We ask you, Dear Readers what is your go-to dish in the winter?
It could be a green leafy vegetable sabji or a immunity boosting soup.
Do you have a special hot chocolate recipe? Or is gajar halwa your winter favourite?
Please share your recipes and we'll publish the best ones on Rediff.com.
Please mail your recipe(s)/video(s) to email@example.com (Subject: Winter Recipe) along with your name, location and, of course, the recipe(s).