Gitanjali Gurbaxani shares a delicious salad recipe you'll love.
Black Lentil Salad
- 125 gm black urad dal, soaked and boiled
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 strips of red bell pepper cut into small pieces
- 1 small capsicum, chopped finely
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 2 green chillies, slit and cut
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp French mustard
- Salt to taste
- Juice of a lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, add in the lentil, followed by chillies, red bell pepper, tomato, onion, capsicum.
Add mustard, salt, lemon juice, black pepper powder and extra virgin olive oil to it.
Toss it up in the air. Spoon it on to a salad plate and serve.
This salad is ideal for cancer patients, cardiac patients and diabetics. It lowers one's cholesterol levels.
So, Dear Readers what are you cooking this Diwali?
Do you have a traditional recipe, which has been handed down by your mother or mother-in-law?
Would you be indulging in sweets made in ghee or opt for the healthy, fat-free varieties?
If you are cooking something creative, please share your recipes and we'll publish the best ones on Rediff.com.
Please mail your recipe(s)/video(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Diwali Recipe) along with your name, location and, of course, the recipe(s).
Kindly don't forget to attach a photograph(s)/video(s) of the dish as well.