Bethica Das from Sharjah shares her special festive recipe.
- ½ cup semolina
- 1 tbsp roasted chickpea flour
- ¾ cup watermelon juice or as required
- 2 tbsp sugar or brown sugar (adjust as per taste)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp melted ghee or butter
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp Eno fruit salt
- Chopped pistachio
- Dry rose petals to garnish
- In a bowl, take semolina and roasted chickpea flour. Mix well.
- Add watermelon juice, salt, melted ghee, cardamom powder and sugar.
Whisk to combine well. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, whisk again and adjust the consistency by adding more watermelon juice if required. The batter should be of pouring consistency.
- Add Eno fruit salt and give it a gentle stir. Pour into a greased steel container and steam for 15 to 20 minutes.
Insert a toothpick to check if done.
Set aside to cool.
Remove on a plate and cut as desired.
Garnish with chopped pistachios and dry rose petals.
Enjoy it at room temperature with a drizzle of some watermelon juice.
Would you like to share an interesting recipe or cooking video?