Food blogger Manasi Sadarangani sent us this recipe. You can share yours too!
Aloo Tikki Burger
Imagine biting into crispy golden brown potato patties sandwiched between burger buns and topped with veggies and spiced sauces.
A well made Aloo Tikki Burger can fix your hunger and cravings in a jiffy!
Here's the recipe to make it at home:
- 4-5 medium sized potatoes
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 4 burger buns
- 4 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1 tsp green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Powdered black pepper to taste
- 1 small tomato thinly sliced
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- Lettuce leaves and cabbage (optional)
- 1 tbsp butter
- Two cheese slices
- Tomato ketchup
- Mayonnaise (Optional)
- Any pizza/burger/sandwich spread
To make tikkis
- Boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker till they become soft and are completely cooked.
- Peel and mash them.
- Add salt, black pepper, green chillies and red chilli powder. Add bread crumbs and mix well to combine.
- Shape into round patties and set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep kadhai. Fry the tikkis till they are crisp and golden brown in colour from both sides.
To make burger
- Slice the burger buns horizontally. Apply some butter and heat it on the griddle. Don't toast them.
- Apply mayonnaise, tomato ketchup and pizza/sandwich spread on the bun.
- Place lettuce leaves or cabbage.
- Place one cheese slice. Add the tikki and top with it sliced vegetables, onion and tomato slices.
- Cover with bun and enjoy.
- Serve hot and fresh with tomato ketchup and potato wedges.
Would you like to share an interesting recipe or cooking video?