Crispy Tofu Tacos
Recipe and photograph: Kind courtesy Cornitos
- 4 4 inch tacos shells
- 250 ml refined oil
- 200 gm tofu julienned
- 150 gm corn flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- A pinch white pepper
- 100 gm spring onion
- 50 gm bell pepper julienned
- 10 gm roasted sesame seeds (white)
- ½ tbsp red chili paste
- 10 ml water
- In a mixing bowl add the boiled and julienned tofu and marinate them with salt, pepper and corn flour.
- Fold them properly in the marination, make sure corn flour is properly coated on the mushroom.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, gently places the marinated mushrooms one by one to avoid clinginess of tofu.
For sweet and spicy sauce
- Heat little oil in sauté pan, add minced garlic till raw aroma of garlic disappears.
- Add chopped ginger, mix them for a minute, add tomato ketchup and some water. Stir for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add soya sauce, vinegar and bell pepper. Sauté for 3-4 minutes. Sauce is ready.
For tacos stuffing
- Re-fry the tofu in oil until crisp golden brown.
- Add the tofu in prepared sauce, mix it well so that all the flavours from sauce is absorbed by mushrooms.
- Add spring onion toss them gently, sprinkle roasted sesame seeds stuffing is prepared.
To make tacos
- Heat tacos for 20 seconds and stuff the prepared stuffing of tofu in the center of tacos.
- Crispy fry some noodles in little oil. Arrange tacos in a platter, garnish with chopped coriander and sprinkle roasted sesame seeds on top of it.
- Serve hot.
Would you like to share an interesting recipe or cooking video?