Executive Chef Ishika Konar of the Atmantan Wellness Centre, Pune, shares his healthy recipe.
Til and Nariyal Laddoo
Serves: 15 portions
- 500 gm fresh desiccated coconut
- 200 gm palm jaggery
- 50 gm white til or white sesame seeds, roasted
- 20 gm black til or black sesame seeds, roasted
- 5 gm cinnamon powder
- 5 gm green cardamom seeds, powdered
- 100 ml cow's ghee
- 50 ml water
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, heat water, ghee and jaggery.
Add cinnamon and cardamom powder.
Cook for a few minutes till the jaggery melts and turns into a sticky mixture.
- Add desiccated coconut and cook on low heat for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Add roasted sesame seeds and mix well.
- Turn off the heat and when the mixture cools down a bit, start making small laddoos (one laddoo should be approximately 15 gm in weight).
- You can eat them immediately or store it away in an air-tight container.