Raise a toast with these fun cocktails by mixologist Sonali Mullick from Hitchki, the resto-bar chain.
The frothy Gangs of Wasseypur is sinfully refreshing with gin, rose syrup, lime juice and ginger.
With its beautiful deep purple colour, the earthy Aaj Pink Hain Paani is a magical cocktail and features butterfly pea tea.
Gangs of Wasseypur
- 120 ml gin
- 60 ml rose syrup
- 25 ml lime juice
- 30 gm ginger, chopped
- 200 gm ice
- 250 gm dry ice, you will find it at your local ice cream parlour
- 6 shot glasses
For the foam
- 2 gm Texturas lecite, a natural soy lecithin-based emulsifier available online, that is ideal for making foam
- 30 ml rose syrup
- 240 ml water
- Combine the gin, rose syrup, lime juice, ginger, ice and dry ice in tall jar.
Muddle (mix) and shake.
Pour into six shot glasses.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the lecite, rose syrup and wateruntil it creates lots of foam.
- Top up the shot glasses with foam and serve.
NOTE: The dry ice will sink to the bottom of the glass and doesn't harm your drink at all.
Aaj Pink Hain Paani
- 60 ml gin
- 4 kaffir or lime leaves
- 15 ml lime juice
- 15 ml sugar syrup
- 20 ml butterfly pea flower tea, odorless with hues of blue, violet and purple, it is a native plant in Southeast Asia that is available online, check note on how to use it
- 100 gm ice
For the garnish
- A coupe glass (please see pic above)
- Dehydrated orange slice
- Kaffir or lime leaves
- Combine the gin, kaffir leaves, lime juice, sugar syrup and ice in a jug and muddle or mix.
Transfer into a coupe glass by straining the contents through a channi or colander.
Pour the butterfly pea flower tea on top.
Garnish with an orange slice clipped together with the kaffir leaves.
NOTE: If you are using butterfly pea flower tea infusion, you can use it directly.
If you are using the flowers, then brew 1 tbsp in hot water for 5-6 minutes, cool it and then use.