It's the king of fruit and this is the season, so enjoy this special aam dessert.
Share your recipes too!
Rediff reader and food blogger Ananya Bhowmick tells us how to whip up a rich, creamy, eggless Mango Mousse:
- 2 cup mango puree (You can use ripe mangoes too and puree it in a blender)
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Powdered sugar, as per taste
- Strawberries for garnishing (optional)
- In a mixing bowl pour the whipping cream. Add powdered sugar. Whip the cream with a hand blender until you get stiff peaks.
- If you're using an electric blender, whip for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Dissolve the gelatin in water as per the instructions on the packet. Mix well and keep it aside.
- In a separate bowl take the mango puree. Add the dissolved gelatin and mix well so that gelatin gets dissolved completely.
- Add whipped cream to this mixture. Fold in the cream very gently.
- Check the sweetness and transfer this mixture into a big size serving dish or individual glasses.
- Refrigerate it for at least an hour or until it sets.
- Remove from refrigerator five minutes prior to serving and garnish it as you like.
Photograph: Ananya Bhowmick
- How to make Chhundo
- Recipes for Mango Bhaat, Mango Margarita and more!
- Mango recipes: Salad, aamras and more!
Want to share your favourite mango recipe? Simply e-mail your recipe to email@example.com (subject line: Fav Mango Recipe) with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph of the recipe, if possible. We'll publish these mouth-watering mango recipes right here on Rediff.com and India Abroad.