It's the king of fruit and this is the season, so enjoy this special aam dessert.
Share your recipes too!
Mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org (with subject line 'Best Mango Recipe').
Rediff reader and food blogger Ananya Bhowmick tells us how to whip up a rich, creamy, eggless Mango Mousse:
- 2 cup mango puree (You can use ripe mangoes too and puree it in a blender)
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Powdered sugar, as per taste
- Strawberries for garnishing (optional)
- In a mixing bowl pour the whipping cream. Add powdered sugar. Whip the cream with a hand blender until you get stiff peaks.
- If you're using an electric blender, whip for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Dissolve the gelatin in water as per the instructions on the packet. Mix well and keep it aside.
- In a separate bowl take the mango puree. Add the dissolved gelatin and mix well so that gelatin gets dissolved completely.
- Add whipped cream to this mixture. Fold in the cream very gently.
- Check the sweetness and transfer this mixture into a big size serving dish or individual glasses.
- Refrigerate it for at least an hour or until it sets.
- Remove from refrigerator five minutes prior to serving and garnish it as you like.
Photograph: Ananya Bhowmick
Want to share your favourite mango recipe? Simply e-mail your recipe to email@example.com (subject line: Fav Mango Recipe) with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph of the recipe, if possible. We'll publish these mouth-watering mango recipes right here on Rediff.com and India Abroad.
Loved this recipe? Click here for more interesting recipes and food features!