Executive chef Ajay Kumar shares his special tricolour recipe. You can share yours too! Scroll down to find out how.
- 175 gm idli rice
- 75 gm urad dal
- 10 gm salt
- 25 gm carrot puree
- 25 gm boiled spinach puree
- Soak rice and dal for two hours and then grind until smooth. Remove from the grinder, add salt and mix well
- Ferment for 12 hours at room temperature. Divide the batter into three parts.
- Mix carrot and spinach puree in two parts separately to make red and green coloured idlis.
- Place the red batter in a round mould followed by the white batter and then green batter.
- Steam in oven for 20 mins or till it is done. Serve with tomato, coconut and green coriander chutney.
We ask you, dear readers, do you have any tricolour recipes!
Share your best tricolour recipe with us and we'll publish it here.
Ajay Kumar is the executive chef at Jaypee Vasant Continental, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi. He can be contacted on email@example.com.