The recipe draws inspiration from the famous Maharastrian sabudana khichdi, but there is a twist.
Twinkle Khanna's #WhatsInYourDabba campaign has gone viral, and celebs have taken to Instagram to share pics of their lunch box.
Sonali Bendre Behl shared pics as well as the recipe of her sweet potato khichdi.
According to her, the recipe 'is like the sabudana khichdi Maharashtrians love, but with complex carbs.' Scroll down to take a look at the recipe.
- Sweet potatoes
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves and grated coconut
For the tadka:
- Olive oil
- Mustard seeds
- Cumin seeds
- Curry leaves
- Green chillies
- Wash the sweet potatoes, steam/boil, then peel and dice them.
- Roast groundnuts in a pan and grind them in mixer.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan, add a tadka of jeera, rai, curry leaves, green chillies and roasted powdered groundnut.
- Add the sweet potatoes and saute it for some time. Add salt and chaat masala.
- Take off the gas when brown and garnish with some fresh coriander and freshly grated coconuts.
NOTE: Sonali hasn't mentioned the quantity of the ingredients, but you can ensure that the proportions are similar to those of the regular sabudana khichdi. The sabudana can be replaced with the sweet potato.