When it pours, the heart craves for kanda bhaji with a cup of hot masala tea.
Chef Ranjan Rajani, executive chef, Hotel Sahara Star adds a twist to the good bhaji and shares his special masala chai recipe.
Kanda bhaji with peanuts
- 500 gm onions
- 200 gm Bengal gram flour (besan)
- 20 gm coriander
- 20 gm green chillies
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 25 gm peanuts
- 10 gm whole coriander seeds
- 500 ml refined oil for frying
- Slice onions thinly and apply salt to remove all its water.
- Add Bengal gram flour and other ingredients and make a proper batter. If it is too thick, add some water to adjust consistency. Check on salt.
- Pour oil in kadai and heat on medium flame.
- Drop the pakodas for frying and stir continuously to avoid them from sticking.
- Remove when crisp and golden brown.
- Serve with spicy coriander chutney, sweet saunth chutney and masala chai.
- 4 tbsp tea powder
- 10 gm ginger
- 2 gm cardamom
- 200 ml milk
- 250 ml water
- 100 gm sugar
- Put a pot on range with water. Bring to boil.
- Add tea powder, ginger, cardamom and sugar.
- Simmer for some time.
- Add milk and simmer for some time.
- Strain it and serve hot in cutting chai glass.
What's your favourite monsoon snack? Tell us in the messageboard below.