Hosting a get-together this weekend? These recipes will come handy.
Recipe by Anand Kumar, Assistant Food and Beverage Manager, Novotel Imagica Khopoli.
- A cube of sugar
- 2 drops of angostura bitters
- 30 ml rye whisky
- 30 ml VSOP cognac
- 1 teaspoon kahlua
- 3 star anise seed
- Place the sugar cube in mixing glass. Add angostura, whisky, cognac and muddle until sugar dissolves.
- Rinse a brandy balloon with kahlua and add the mixture. Garnish with star anise pods.
- 150 ml apple juice, warm
- 45 ml of whisky
- 30 ml cointreau
- Lime juice
- Soda (for serving)
- Apple slices (for garnishing)
- Mix all the above ingredients and stir gently. Garnish with an apple slice.
Espresso Old Fashioned
- 1 double shot espresso, room temperature
- 30 ml bourbon whisky
- 15 ml sugar syrup
- Dash of bitters
- Lemon peel ( for garnishing)
- Combine espresso, bourbon, sugar syrup and bitters in a cocktail shaker and fill with ice.
- Stir until outside of shaker is frosty. Pour into an old fashion glass filled with ice and garnish with lemon peel.
Classic Whisky Smash
- 7 fresh mint leaves
- ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp sugar syrup
- 60 ml bourbon whisky
- Crushed ice
- Muddle fresh mint leaves, lemon and sugar syrup in a cocktail shaker 4-5 times to release the juice and oils. Add 60 ml bourbon.
- Transfer into an old fashion glass. Fill halfway with crushed ice and stir. Add more ice on top. Garnish with mint spring, cherry and black olives.