Rita Rodricks from Mumbai shares her special Christmas cake recipe. You can share yours too!
Send us your favourite Christmas recipe and we will publish the best ones!
Rita's Christmas Cake
- 12 eggs
- 450 gm fine sugar
- 560 gm butter
- 225 gm maida
- 225 gm semolina (suji)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 225 gm mixed candied fruit peel
- 225 gm raisins
- 225 gm finely chopped cashewnuts
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ nutmeg, grated
- Mix butter and sugar, add beaten yolks, suji and lastly stiffly beaten egg whites. Keep the same overnight.
- In the morning, mix maida sieved with baking powder to the mixture. Mix candied peel with a little maida, add cashewnuts, vanilla essence and nutmeg.
- Stir well and fill two cake tins to bake. Bake for 45 mins at 180°C or until a tooth pick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Dear Readers, tell us what are you treating your loved ones to this December?
Send us your favourite Christmas recipe and we will publish the best ones,.
Don't forget to share a photograph of the recipe, and your pic as well.
We'll publish the best recipes right here on Rediff.com.