We bring you traditional Christmas recipes from homes across India.
Journalist and founder at Northeast Odyssey, Hoihnu Hauzel shares her recipe for Smoked Pork in Brandy.
- Christmas special: Recipes from Nagaland
- Christmas special: Recipes from Kanyakumari
- Christmas recipe: Mangalorean Chicken Curry and Sanna
- Christmas recipe: How to make Madras Mutton Curry
- Tamil Nadu's Xmas recipe: Veg Stew and Chicken Kheema
- 1 kg pork
- 1 cup brandy
- Salt to taste
- Clean the pork and cut it into long strips.
- Salt it gently and soak it in brandy overnight.
- The next morning, remove the pork from the brandy and grill over a fire for as long as it takes to cook until dry.
Usually village fires are lit through the day and night and the pork smokes in a week's time. The smoked favour is what makes it tasty.