Bethica Das shares a simple and easy eggless cupcake recipe for Christmas.
"They make for the perfect tea-time and party snack. You can also have it as an after-meal dessert," Bethica tell us.
"It takes very little time to bake these yummy beauties, which I have flavoured with gulkand."
Eggless Gulkand Cupcake
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp gulkand (rose petals preserve)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup yoghurt
- 2 drops of red food colour
- 1 tbsp rose water
- 2-3 tbsp powdered sugar or to taste
- Dry rose petals and chopped pistachios to garnish (optional)
- 1 tsp chopped pistachios
For the frosting
- 100 gm butter at room temperature
- 1-2 drops of red food colour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Keep aside.
- In a large bowl whisk oil, gulkand, yoghurt, rose water, food colour and sugar till light and fluffy.
Add the dry ingredients, little at a time, into the mix and fold it in gently.
Add the chopped pistachios and give it a stir.
- Line a muffin tray and spoon in the batter till it is 3/4 full. Tap gently.
Bake in a preheated oven at 190°degrees for 15-17 minutes. Insert a skewer to check if it is done. Set aside to cool.