Reshma Aslam tells us how to cook a healthy, delicious breakfast.
- How to make Rava Idli
- How to make Veg Cheese Paratha
- How to make Sabudana Khichdi
- How to make Strawberry Cream Pancake
- How to make Tuna Fish Sandwich
- How to make Oatmeal with fruits
- How to make Omelette Muffin
Bored of having parathas for breakfast?
Here's how you can make it interesting.
Try your hand at this famous Rajasthani dish, Besan Ka Cheela, a savory pancake made with gram flour.
Here's the recipe.
Besan Ka Cheela
- 1 cup besan (gram flour)
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1 medium size tomato, chopped
- 2-3 green chillies, chopped
- Few coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 cup curd (optional)
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for frying
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Put the besan in a bowl.
- Add tomatoes and onions, green chillies, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander leaves and salt. Mix well.
- Add water and make a batter.
- Heat a pan. Once hot, add a teaspoon of oil.
- When the oil is hot, pour in one spoonful of batter and spread it out like how you would an omelette.
- Fry until it's golden in colour and you start seeing bubbles on the top.
- Slowly flip it and fry the other side.
- Remove it from the pan. Serve with curd or chutney.
*Lead image used for representational purposes only.
Have an interesting breakfast recipe to share?
Simply e-mail your recipes to email@example.com (subject line: Breakfast Recipe) with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph of the recipe, if possible.
We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and India Abroad.
Loved this recipe? Click here for more interesting recipes and food features!