Disgruntled Australian batsman Simon Katich managed to avoid a suspension and was, on Monday, let off with a reprimand by his Cricket Board after pleading guilty to the charge of making detrimental public comments in a disciplinary hearing in Melbourne.
The 36-year-old had created a flutter by lambasting CA after his contract was torn up earlier this year. He went on to claim that a 2009 dressing room bust-up with current captain Michael Clarke perhaps cost him his place in the Test team.
Katich faced a two-hour disciplinary hearing chaired by retired County Court judge Gordon Lewis and was reprimanded for a public outburst against Clarke. The panel did not impose any fine on Katich.
The dumped opener had said on October 29 that his clash with Clarke in an SCG Test dressing room might be the reason behind his sacking. He had also stated that he was unlikely to get a recall as long as Clarke was captain.
"It was never my intention to go against Cricket Australia's code of conduct. It's a nice result. I'm just glad this matter has been dealt with in a fair manner," Katich said after the hearing.