Alleging that the ATS machinery was being used at the behest of the Congress, which is practicing politics of Muslim appeasement, it said, 'the arrests of cultured and educated individuals in connection with the Malegaon blasts is an effort to crush Hindus to please Muslim fanatics in the country.'
The special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court on Tuesday rejected the bail application of Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, the key accused in the 2008 Malegoan blast.
Sadhvi, 44, was granted bail by the Bombay high court on Tuesday.
Sadhvi Pragya Thakur, an accused in the Malegaon blast case and the murder of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh pracharak Sunil Joshi on Tuesday claimed that she was innocent and had been framed by 'non-believers'.
Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, accused in the Malegaon blast case, has filed an application in the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act court.Thakur has requested the court to direct the probe team, which is scheduled to take her to Bhopal in connection with the murder case of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh activist Sunil Joshi, to let her travel in an air-conditioned compartment. Sunil Joshi's name had cropped up during the investigation of the Malegaon blasts case.
Mother of Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, prime accused in the September 2008 Malegaon blast case, on Tuesday said that her daughter had been "falsely implicated" and was "innocent".
The agency said that it could not find any 'strong evidence' against Indresh Kumar, Sadhvi Pragya, Rajendra and Ramesh alias Prince.
The NIA had also not opposed her bail application.
Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, an accused in the Malegaon blast, has alleged that she has been tortured and ill-treated by the Anti-Terrorism Squad, her counsel told a court here today.
The bail plea filed by Malegaon blasts accused Sadhvi Pragya Singh will be heard on December 14 by the Bombay high court.
Arrested in the 2008 Malegaon blast case, she was given a clean chit by the National Investigation Agency, but the trial court refused to discharge her from the case.
She wanted to take a dip in the Shipra river in Ujjain and had secured an order from a court in Dewas district.
Sadhvi, in her bail plea, claimed that she has been languishing in jail for over six years and with two probe agencies submitting contradictory findings to the court, it would not be correct to keep her in jail.
Joshi, once a close aide of the Sadhvi before they fell out over some dispute, was shot dead in Madhya Pradesh's Dewas on December 29, 2007 in Audyogik Police station area.
During investigation, 'sufficient evidences have not been found against' Pragya Singh Thakur and five others, the NIA said, adding it has submitted in the chargesheet 'that the prosecution against them is not maintainable'.
BJP's Bhopal MP Pragya Singh Thakur, an accused in the 2008 Malegaon blast case, appeared before a special NIA court here on Wednesday.
A special National Investigation Agency (NIA) court in Mumbai on Monday issued a bailable warrant against Bharatiya Janata Party MP Pragya Singh Thakur, an accused in the 2008 Malegaon blast case, for failing to appear before it despite repeated warnings.
The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party on Saturday announced Prime Minister Narendra Modi will fight again from Varanasi in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections as it named 34 Union ministers in the first list of 195 candidates.
Even though the NIA claims that more than 90 per cent of cases charge-sheeted have ended in conviction, the figure is likely misleading. To date, very few cases investigated by the NIA have resulted in a completed trial, points out former CBI joint director Navneet Rajan Wasan.
It dropped sitting MP from Guna, Krishnapal Singh Yadav, to field Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia from the seat.
Cricket climate change to medical practice, dropped candidates have their non-political life sorted.
'If there is effective prosecution, only then we will get justice, but first let them (NIA) run the case honestly in court.'
The petition filed by Malegaon blast accused Sadhvi Pragya Singh questions how the NIA can probe cases when law and order is the exclusive subject of the state government. Vicky Nanjappa reports
The family members of Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, accused in the Malegaon blasts case, have decided not to cremate her father unless she is granted permission to attend the funeral.
The apex court had on April 28 rejected Purohit's plea for urgent hearing, saying the petition will come up in regular course.
The Bombay high court had on April 25 granted bail to Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, accused of plotting the September 2008 Malegaon blast, but rejected the bail plea of co-accused Purohit saying the charges against him were of grave nature.
'Nobody is speaking up for Muslims today.' 'Secular parties too have calmed down because they feel this will hurt the Hindu vote (bank).' 'In this scenario, where does a Muslim go?'
It discharged three accused -- Shyam Sahu, Shivnarayan Kalsangra and Praveen Takalki -- from the case.
Saumitra, in a Facebook post, had referred to Mahatma Gandhi as the "father of Pakistan". "Pakistan was born with the blessings of Bapu, therefore, Mahatma Gandhi can be called the father of Pakistan and not of India," he wrote in a Facebook post on Thursday.
Syed Firdaus Ashraf explains how two cases separated by ideological motives were curiously similar on one account.
"It has become clear that the ATS is acting in a politically-motivated and unprofessional manner. After going through her (sadhvi Pragya) affidavit, I have to express my shock and outrage, which I am sure all Indians will share," BJP leader L K Advani said during his one-day tour of the poll-bound BJP-ruled Chattisgarh state.
The principal of the Bhonsala Military School in Nashik was on Friday detained by the Anti Terrorism Squad for questioning in the September 29 Malegaon blasts even as prime accused Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur was brought to Mumbai for brain mapping and polygraph tests.
The Shiv Sena on Monday alleged that the Malegaon blast accused Sadhvi Pragya Thakur was being tortured by the Mumbai police and that she had stopped partaking food for the last eight days.
Sangh leader Sadhvi Ritambhara on Sunday said that no charge has been proved against Sadhvi Pragya in the Malegaon blast case and alleged that it was a 'conspiracy to malign Hindu religion' before the elections by the 'Left and secular' parties."I will not comment on Sadhvi Pragya, whether she is involved or not...no charge has been proved against her...we will wait for the truth and the court's decision whenever its comes...I will have patience till then," she said.
The NIA has found nothing to suggest that Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur and 3 others were involved in Malegaon and Samjhauta blasts accused Sunil Joshi's murder, reports Vicky Nanjappa.
Sadhvi Pragya had moved the court earlier this month seeking her discharge in the Malegoan bomb blast case.
The National Investigation Agency is well aware that it does not have a strong case in hand to keep the 2006 Malegaon blast case accused behind bars. Vicky Nanjappa reports
Shashi Tharoor has also been retained as the chairman of the panel on Information Technology.
Yechury recounted the non-violent traditions of the country citing the Maurya Empire's acceptance of the Buddhist philosophy.
In a short video of the incident, the woman is seen telling police personnel that she threw the slipper because "Sidhu spoke against Modi".