A senior IDBI Bank official allegedly conspired with businessman Vijay Mallya for sanction and disbursement of loan to the latter's Kingfisher Airlines, the Central Bureau of Investigation said in its supplementary chargesheet filed in a Mumbai court. Mallya is an accused in the alleged Rs 900-crore IDBI Bank-Kingfisher Airlines loan fraud case, which is being probed by the CBI. The Central agency had recently filed a supplementary chargesheet before a special CBI court.
The Force India Formula One team will race in this weekend's Belgian Grand Prix as a new mid-season entry stripped of 2018 constructors' championship points.
Media reports this week suggested that British energy drink firm Rich Energy was leading a consortium seeking to purchase the Silverstone-based team for 200 million pounds ($278.66 million).
Spaniard Daniel Juncadella will be Force India's Formula One reserve driver this season while also competing in the German Touring Car championship (DTM) with Mercedes.
Vitantonio, or Tonio for short, Liuzzi joins Force India Formula One Team as its new test and reserve driver for its 2008 Formula One campaign.
Pune Warriors' coach Allan Donald assists Force India's Formula One drivers Paul di Resta and Adrian Sutil in the Speed Challenge.
Co-owner Vijay Mallya resigned as a director of the Force India Formula One team but will continue to serve as principal and shareholder.
The CBI recently approached the special court in Mumbai for issuance of LoR to conduct a probe to ascertain utilisation of funds received in the US-based bank accounts of Mallya and now defunct Kingfisher Airlines.
Team co-owner Vijay Mallya said in a statement on Tuesday that the deal, which will make the cars stand out at the Australian season-opener next week, is one of the most significant partnerships in Force India's 10-year history.
A court warrant in India against billionaire Vijay Mallya over his airline business has no repercussions for his Force India Formula One team, deputy principal Bob Fernley said on Sunday.
Mexican Sergio Perez and Germany's Nico Hulkenberg are staying at Force India next season, the Formula One team's co-owner Vijay Mallya told Reuters. "I can confirm that both the drivers are signed up for 2017," Mallya said at the British Grand Prix. "They are a fine pair, both absolutely top class. I've never believed in 'pay drivers' where talent or ability is compromised," he added.
Paul di Resta finished fourth with an impressive drive to give Sahara Force India Formula One team the best show so far this season at the incident-filled Bahrain Grand Prix on Sunday.
The Force India Formula One team will limit their involvement in second practice for the Bahrain Grand Prix on Friday and may skip the session altogether for safety reasons, deputy principal Bob Fernley said.
Force India Formula One driver Paul Di Resta has appointed Jenson Button's manager Richard Goddard to run his affairs after falling out with Lewis Hamilton's father.
Force India Formula One driver Paul Di Resta has appointed Jenson Button's manager Richard Goddard to run his affairs after falling out with Lewis Hamilton's father.
The Force India Formula One team must pay legal costs of more than $1 million dollars within two weeks after a copyright case involving rivals Caterham and the operators of an Italian wind tunnel, a judge ruled on Friday.
The Force India Formula One team vanished from television screens for the second day in a row at the Bahrain Grand Prix on Saturday, triggering speculation that they had been punished for pulling out of Friday practice.
Former Force India Formula One driver Adrian Sutil was found guilty of grievous bodily harm by a Munich court on Tuesday and given an 18-month suspended sentence and 200,000 eurofine for a night club brawl in China last year.
Former Force India Formula One driver Adrian Sutil told a Munich court on Monday he had made efforts to settle a row over a night club brawl last year with Eric Lux but he had failed to do so despite his repeated apologies.
International tennis star and Indian doubles champion Mahesh Bhupati and India's Davis Cupper Rohan Bopanna visited the Force India Formula One team in Monaco prior to the Monaco Grand Prix on Sunday.
Adrian Sutil will start eighth at the grid while his Force India Formula One team-mate Vitantonio Liuzzi will be at the 12th spot in the Belgian Grand Prix on Sunday.
Adrian Sutil and Paul di Resta finished outside the points bracket as Force India Formula One team returned empty-handed from the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne on Sunday.
Mexican Sergio Perez scrambled free from the wreckage of a heavy crash that left his Force India upside down on the track, halting first practice for the Hungarian Formula One Grand Prix on Friday.
Force India revealed an aggressive new look for the 2015 Formula One season on Wednesday with Mexican driver Sergio Perez telling his compatriots he expected his best season yet.
The Force India Formula One team named Germany's Adrian Sutil and Italian Vitantonio Liuzzi on Friday in a 2010 line-up unchanged from the one that finished the season.
F1 aspirant Karun Chandhok finished a lowly 19th in the feature race of the GP2 Main Series, thus failing to buttress his case for a seat with the Force India Formula One team.
With just five races to go before the Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS) becomes history, Force India Formula One team has closed that option, saying it is not worth the money or hassle. Force India chairman Vijay Mallya said introducing KERS at this stage would not only upset the car's balance but also burn a hole in his pocket.
Mallya is the first Indian ever to become the owner of a Formula One Team. The Netherlands-based Mol Family and Mallya have formed a consortium that is now the joint owner of Force India Formula One, which is also India's first-ever Formula One Team and represents India's first, truly global sports foray.
Indian magnate Vijay Mallya refuses to let the global credit crunch cramp his style, even if other high rollers may be keeping a lower profile at this weekend's Monaco Grand Prix.
McLaren's Spanish reserve driver Pedro de la Rosa switched over to testing duties with the Force India Formula One team at Barcelona's Circuit de Catalunya on Tuesday. Force India this month agreed a five-year partnership deal with McLaren and Mercedes that will see them replace their Ferrari engines with a complete drivetrain (engine and gearbox) package next season.
Force India F1 team continued making solid progress when it completed another trouble-free day of testing in Barcelona.
Force India Formula One driver Adrian Sutil says Italian team mate Giancarlo Fisichella has made him stronger for the season ahead. The German said he learned from watching the Roman's approach and had closed the gap by the end of the season.
Fisichella joins Force India for its debut F1 season, bringing extensive Formula One know-how to the team. A veteran of 12 FIA Formula One World Championship seasons, with three victories and almost 300 points to his credit, his experience will help the team achieve its long-term aims.
The new Force India car, equipped with Mercedes engine and McLaren gearbox, will be unveiled in Spain early March, team owner Vijay Mallya said in New Delhi on Sunday.
Force India Formula One team co-owner Vijay Mallya has warned the country not to expect too much from the team in 2008 despite a big budget increase. The Indian billionaire bought into the Spyker team and renamed it after last season and interest has been drummed up further through advertisements about "the force of a billion hearts."
Italian Giancarlo Fisichella is set to drive for the Force India Formula One team this season with compatriot Vitantonio Liuzzi taking the role of tester, sources said on Tuesday.
Indian teenager Arjun Maini has joined the US-owned Haas Formula One team as a development driver alongside 18-year-old American Santino Ferrucci.
Until the age of 14, Adrian Sutil was a very promising pianist and looked set for a career in music rather than motor racing.
The 39-year-old German will test Ferrari's 2008 car in Spain next week along with reigning F1 champion Kimi Raikkonen.
Force India's first day of winter testing was marred by red flags and spins from both drivers raising questions about the car's stability.