Lewis Hamilton looked forward to more success with Mercedes after collecting his fifth Formula One world champion's trophy at the governing FIA's gala awards on Friday.
The future of Formula One was secured on Saturday after the governing body (FIA) and the 12 teams signed a new Concorde Agreement to safeguard the sport until 2012.
Promoters of the Russian F1 Grand Prix, ROSGONKI, said that the contract for the Sochi race was signed in 2010, long before the start of WADA's probing and are confident that the race will be held next year as well
Six times Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton and MotoGP great Valentino Rossi are preparing for a ride swap in Spain on Monday, with the Briton "super excited" at the prospect.
Formula One looks likely to be reduced to 11 teams next season after the official 2013 championship entry list was published without struggling Spanish-based HRT on it.
An FIA report found that Marussia driver Bianchi over-controlled the oversteering car, such that he left the track earlier than Sutil, and headed towards a point 'up-stream' along the barrier.
Force India collected one of Formula One's stranger sanctions on Sunday when they were given a suspended 25,000-euro ($27,317.50) fine for a breach of the rules concerning driver numbers on their cars.
Red Bull's Mark Webber was sent to the back of the grid for Sunday's Chinese Grand Prix after running out of fuel in qualifying.
At present domestic airlines are not allowed to fly on international routes until they have 20 aircraft in fleet and have completed five years of operations.
Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton has tested positive for COVID-19 and will miss the upcoming Sakhir Grand Prix.
Canadian Formula One driver Lance Stroll said on Wednesday he tested positive for COVID-19 after the October 11 Eifel Grand Prix but is now clear and ready to race in Portugal this coming weekend.
McLaren driver Fernando Alonso has been cleared to race in Sunday's Formula One Chinese Grand Prix after undergoing further medical tests at the Shanghai circuit following the opening practice session on Friday.
Japan's Super Aguri are expected to be confirmed as Formula One's 11th team next week.
Air India said it has also written to the Shiv Sena communicating the decision to cancel the ticket. Shiv Sena Secretary Anil Desai said that he has asked Gaikwad to change his travel plans as the party doesn't want the tensions to escalate.
Formula One announced a 'grid kids' programme on Monday to replace the female models who have previously featured before the start of every grand prix.
Formula One teams and stakeholders failed to agree a fix for the sport's failed new qualifying format at the Bahrain Grand Prix on Sunday and agreed instead to go away and consider a compromise by next Thursday.
Spanish racing driver Carmen Jorda has suggested women could be better suited to Formula E than Formula One because the all-electric cars are less physically challenging.
"The 2012 FIA Formula One World Championship calendar was confirmed as previously published," the International Automobile Federation said in a statement issued after a World Motor Sport Council meeting in New Delhi.
The sky's the limit for George Russell after the British youngster's stellar performance
Klitschko and his brother Vitali, also a former world heavyweight champion and now the mayor of Kyiv, have both taken up arms against invading Russian forces.
Six time world champion Lewis Hamilton enjoys a 30-point lead in the championship after four races and is set to equal Schumacher's seven crowns.
The family of the late French Formula One driver Jules Bianchi are planning legal action against the sport's governing body, his former Marussia team and Bernie Ecclestone's Formula One Group, they said in a statement on Thursday.
After the stupendous success of this year's inaugural edition, next season's Indian Grand Prix Formula One race will be held on October 28 at the Buddha International Circuit at Greater Noida.
Formula One approved changes to its power unit penalty system with immediate effect on Friday and also tweaked super-licence rules for 2016 to give more drivers a chance to enter the sport from other series.
A summary of sports events and persons who made news on Tuesday
In a strongly-worded reaction on the issue, Spokesperson in the Ministry of External Affairs Anurag Srivastava said India has repeatedly called on Pakistan to give up its 'obfuscation and dilatory tactics' in discharging its international obligations in the trial of Mumbai terror attacks.
McLaren's title prospects were plunged back into doubt on Tuesday when Formula One's governing body agreed an appeal court should have the final say on the 'spy saga' gripping the sport.
Formula One's governing body included the Bahrain Grand Prix and set a December 11 date for India on Thursday in a revised calendar that appeared divorced from reality.
The regulatory body behind Formula One, FIA, has confirmed that there will be two DRS zones in the inaugural Indian Grand Prix. Raja Sen explains the working behind the system.
Bahrain has been given an extension to June 3 to decide whether the country's postponed Formula One Grand Prix can be rescheduled this year.
Asserting that it was a small conflict, Gaikwad said the staff member of the airline is mad and around eight such cases of indulging in a brawl have been registered against him.
An American national, who was blacklisted and deported from Pakistan in 2011 after he was allegedly caught spying on sensitive installations, has been arrested after he arrived at the airport in Islamabad.
A summary of sports events and sports persons, who made news on Wednesday.
Formula One teams have thrown a lifeline to Italy's Imola circuit by agreeing to expand next year's calendar from 17 to 18 races.\n
Formula One is to award double points for the last race of the season in a controversial attempt to keep championships undecided to the very end after four years of Red Bull domination.
Whatever the colour of the car, from Fernando Alonso's red Ferrari to Michael Schumacher's silver Mercedes, Formula One is picking up speed towards a greener future.
Formula One's Australian season-opener lacked a vital ingredient, overtaking, and it will take years to fix the problem, managing director for motorsports Ross Brawn said on Monday.
Formula One has lifted a ban on the so-called "team orders" which caused a huge controversy at the German Grand Prix this year when Ferrari used them to allow Fernando Alonso to win.
Enduring a dismal season this year, defending champion Sumit Nagal Monday began his campaign at the USD 150,000 Bengaluru Open with a bang by defeating last year's finalist Briton's Jay Clarke in the opening round.
Former FMSCI chief Vicky Chandhok on Monday severely criticised the governing body's current regime.