Former world champion Niki Lauda said the Scot would be a good solution because of his experience.
Red Bull represent the 33-year-old's best chance of staying in the sport after a decade with Williams and McLaren.
Ferrari announced on Tuesday that four time world champion Sebastian Vettel would be leaving them at the end of the season. Spaniard Carlos Sainz is more likely to replace Vettel.
India doesn't have a legacy in Formula One drivers but Narain Karthikeyan is a "talented driver who could have done wonders had he be racing for any other team" than minnows Hispania Racing (HRT), feels former multiple Grand Prix winner David Coulthard.
Lewis Hamilton's Formula One switch from McLaren to Mercedes next year is an essential step that could be the making of him as a man, former McLaren driver David Coulthard said on Saturday.
British teenager Oliver Rowland will have a Formula One test with McLaren after collecting a coveted Autosport award previously won by the likes of Jenson Button and David Coulthard.
Formula One teams are keeping a close eye on the health situation in Vietnam after the Chinese Grand Prix was postponed due to the coronavirus epidemic, McLaren boss Zak Brown said on Thursday. The sport is due to make its debut in the country, which borders China, on April 5 with a street race in the capital H
Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation (MSRDC) would consider action against organisers of the exhibition event where former British F1 racer David Coulthard drove a Formula One car on the Bandra-Worli Sea Link allegedly beyond permissible speed limits.
Formula One's newest circuit in Abu Dhabi could prove trickier this weekend than any other track introduced in recent years, according to former racer David Coulthard.
Former Red Bull driver David Coulthard on Friday said Force India's stunning show in the second half of the 2009 Formula One season is no fluke and the country should be proud of the Vijay Mallya-owned outfit's spectacular achievements.
Formula One's ruling body should have punished Brazilian Nelson Piquet for the Renault race-fixing controversy, former driver David Coulthard says.
Formula One drivers will seek a clarification of the rules before Sunday's Italian Grand Prix after stewards stripped Lewis Hamilton of victory in Belgium last weekend for cutting a chicane. The ruling outraged many fans and dominated the first day at Monza, with drivers divided on the justice of the penalty while other leading figures expressed concern for the fundamentals of the sport.
Former Formula One ace David Coulthard wants to go flat out when he drives Red Bull car on the Bandra-Worli Sea Link on Sunday, but is constrained by the speed limit the authorities have fixed.
Mumbai's Formula One fans have a treat in store. Ace driver David Coulthard is scheduled to drive down the Rajiv Gandhi Bandra-Worli Sea Link at blinding speed in a Red Bull racing car on October 11.
Retired British driver David Coulthard is on standby for a Formula One comeback if either of Red Bull's drivers are unable to race in the first two Grands Prix of the season, the team said on Wednesday. A spokeswoman said the 37-year-old Scot, in Melbourne as a pundit for BBC television, was their official reserve driver for Sunday's Australian season-opener and the following race in Malaysia.
Germany's Sebastian Vettel will replace retiring David Coulthard at Red Bull Formula One team next year.
Tail-enders Force India could be Formula One's surprise package this season with the help of McLaren and Mercedes, former driver David Coulthard said on Monday.
Ferrari's new champion Kimi Raikkonen was fourth on the timesheets.
Karun Chandhok said it was a dream come true to turn out alongside seven-times world champion Michael Schumacher on the race track during testing.
Narain Karthikeyan finished 15th for Jordan as the highest-ranked of the four men making their Grands Prix debuts in Australia.
McLaren's Lewis Hamilton dominated a wet and chaotic British Grand Prix on Sunday to storm back to the top of the Formula One standings in front of his home fans.
Following rules does not seem to be one of the virtues of former Formula One ace David Coulthard, who defied the speed limits and zoomed across the Mumbai sea-bridge at a breakneck speed of 260km per hour.
His last-gap effort notwithstanding, Giancarlo Fisichella could not make the cut for the second qualifying session and the Force India driver will start 18th on the grid for Sunday's Bahrain Grand Prix, with his German team-mate Adrian Sutil a row further back at 20th.
The Australian will take the place of young Austrian Christian Klien at the team.
Briton Jenson Button was second fastest for Honda, ahead of Brazilian team mate Rubens Barrichello.
The final three races will decide whether Ferrari's Michael Schumacher, Williams' Colombian Juan Pablo Montoya or Raikkonen takes the F1 title.
The Scot believes his former McLaren team mate Kimi Raikkonen could yet emerge as Formula One champion this season.\n
"The reality check is a race weekend so there is nowhere to hide from that," said the Scot.
Former Grand Prix winner David Coulthard announced on Thursday he would retire from Formula One at the end of the year after 15 seasons in the sport. The 37-year-old Scot, the oldest driver on the starting grid, said he would remain actively involved after that as a consultant to his Red Bull team and did not rule out an occasional test drive.
Red Bull, owned by Austrian energy drink billionaire Dietrich Mateschitz, have taken over the old Jaguar team.
McLaren last went a year without a victory when Mika Hakkinen and Scot David Coulthard were driving for the team in 1996.
David Coulthard warned that Formula One drivers could go on strike if their safety concerns are ignored.
Ferrari's Michael Schumacher will write another extraordinary chapter in the Formula One record books if he wins his eighth title this year.
As speculation flared, a McLaren spokesperson said, 'At the moment we do not want to confirm our complete 2005 driver lineup.'
The two drivers signed identical one-year contracts with an option for additional years with Red Bull Racing.
Red Bull Racing owner Dietrich Mateschitz has given a fresh boost to David Coulthard's hopes of staying in Formula One next year.