It is time for the men's and women's professional tennis bodies to merge says former world number one Kim Clijsters.
The Asian tennis body wants 25 percent of the field at every event held in the continent is reserved for their players.
Rafael Nadal's decision to end his season early means Cilic is actually holding the last berth for the eight-man showdown at London's O2 Arena.
Roger Federer added yet another record to his vast collection when he guaranteed becoming the oldest ATP world number one by beating Dutchman Robin Haase 4-6, 6-1, 6-1 to reach the semi-finals in Rotterdam on Friday.
Japan's Kei Nishikori will make a third straight appearance at the ATP Tour finals next month after becoming the fifth player to qualify for the season-ending tournament, organisers said on Wednesday.
Serbian tennis ace Novak Djokovic has continued his domination on an unchanged top 10 in the latest men's tennis rankings issued by the ATP on Monday.
Russian Andrey Rublev beat Norwegian top seed Casper Ruud
British world number 55 Jack Draper had no time to enjoy sealing what he described as one of the most satisfactory wins of his career at the Australian Open on Tuesday as he was forced to race to a courtside bin to throw up.
The 36-year-old was given a thorough workout by Sock although had he been a little more clinical the scoreline would have been more heavily-weighted in his favour.
Ronaldo got involved in ball kid duties while watching world number one Novak Djokovic's opening match against John Isner of America as the tennis ball bounced into the stands near the first row where he was sitting.
Three contenders for the men's singles title at the Australian Open, which starts on Sunday.
A mouthwatering finale to the season ended before it even began on Sunday when Roger Federer was forced to pull out prior to the ATP World Tour Final showdown with Novak Djokovic.
Former Australian player Brad Drewett was named on Thursday as the new head of the men's governing tennis body the ATP.
Former doubles world No. 1 Leander Paes was recently elected to receive the Ultimate Honour in Tennis - induction into the International Tennis Hall of Fame - as the Class of 2024.
'I've never been of the thought that Rafa needs rhythm because he's too good for that. But now the situation is different.'
Britain number one Andy Murray has overtaken 14-time Grand Slam champion Rafael Nadal to claim the third spot in the ATP world rankings.
Nadal expresses doubt over Australian Open participation
The opening match in the Pete Sampras Group produced a feast of stylish backhands from both players but it was Dimitrov, the first Bulgarian to qualify for the tournament in its 48-year-old history, who overcome some late jitters to prevail.
Bopanna and Ebden won 7-6(0), 7-5 in the final that lasted one hour and 39 minutes.
Alcaraz will hope to bury memories of an injury-plagued start to last year when he missed the Australian Open
The 43-year-old Bopanna and 35-year-old Ebden, who claimed two doubles titles on the ATP Tour earlier this year, will next face the unseeded British pair of Jacob Fearnley and Johannus Monday on Sunday.
The victory saw him move up by three places to stand only behind Spain's Rafael Nadal and Swiss star Roger Federer.
Riding on his sizzling performance in the Japan Open, Leander Paes is once again knocking the doors of the top-five zone as he gained two spots to be placed sixth in the ATP doubles world rankings, issued on Monday. Paes and Lukas Dlouhy reached the final of the Japan Open last week but lost the summit clash, missing out on the opportunity to pocket back-to-back ATP titles.
Indian Davis Cupper Mahesh Bhupathi and Mark Knowles cruised into the finals of the euro 891,000 ATP Swiss Indoor tournament, defeating Argentine pair Jose Acasuso and Agustin Calleri in straight sets in Basel on Saturday.
Rohan Bopanna and his Australian partner Matthew Ebden lost to Russian pair of Andrey Rublev and Karen Khachanov.
The ATP had fined him US$106,000 for failing to attend an interview. The world no 1 says he has been defamed and wants the fine dropped.
The ATP launched a novel advertising campaign to promote the game at all its tournament sites.
Novak Djokovic has formally withdrawn from the draw for the Indian Wells tournament, organisers said on Sunday in an indication that the world number one's application for a COVID-19 vaccine waiver to enter the US might have failed.
Spanish veteran Feliciano Lopez extended his career by at least one more day with an emotional victory at the Mallorca Open.
'The drive that I have is still there. My body has been serving me well, listening to me well. I have a great team of people around me. The motivation, especially for the biggest tournaments in the sport, is still present.'
Novak Djokovic's tremendous run of form since the start of the year means the Serb has already booked his spot at the ATP World Tour finals in London.
Britain's Cameron Norrie fought back from a set down to beat world number two Carlos Alcaraz 5-7, 6-4, 7-5 in the Rio Open final on Sunday.
Croatia's Ivo Karlovic became the oldest ATP winner since Jimmy Connors in 1989.
Hauling itself up from World Group II should not be a complicated task for India when it takes on an unostentatious Morocco in the home tie, which will be more of a celebration of Rohan Bopanna's Davis Cup career.
Roger Federer rediscovered his verve in the nick of time to outclass Austrian Dominic Thiem 6-2, 6-3, on Tuesday, and maintain his hopes of reaching the last four at the ATP Finals.
The former Wimbledon champion has decided to take on the tournament director's role at next year's World Indoor tournament.
India's Mahesh Bhupathi on Monday advanced to the second round of the ATP World Tours Finals after he and his partner Max Mirnyi defeated Lukasz Kubot and Oliver Marach in straight sets at London.
Teenager Kei Nishikori became the first Japanese to reach an ATP final at the Delray Beach International.
Carlos Alcaraz beat lucky loser Jan-Lennard Struff in the Madrid Open final on Sunday to defend last year's title and win his fourth ATP Tour trophy of the year
With the Australian Open currently on, defending champion Novak Djokovic has once again been dubbed as a favourite to retain the title, and former world No. 17 Bernard Tomic of Australia firmly believes there will be no one to challenge the great Serbian.