Bishnoi, a student of the Vellore Institute of Technology Bhopal campus, was arrested on Thursday from Jorhat in Assam.
Niraj Bishnoi, the creator of the 'Bulli Bai' application, had earlier also created an account on Twitter making lewd remarks on the picture of a complainant and even tweeted about the auction of the person, police said on Friday.
'The facts disclose that accused created the app 'Bulli Bai' where women journalists and celebrities of a particular community who are famous on social media are targeted and they are projected in a bad light with an objective to insult and humiliate them by objectification,' the court noted.
Two of those nabbed are from Uttarakhand, Nagrale told reporters, adding some more people could be involved in this matter.
The cyber police of the Mumbai crime branch on Thursday arrested a 28-year-old man from Odisha in connection with the case of Bulli Bai app, which targeted Muslim women by putting up their images online for "auction", an official said.
The Mumbai cyber police have arrested one more student from Uttarakhand in connection with the 'Bulli Bai' app case, an official said on Wednesday.
The particular channel on messaging platform Telegram was flagged on social media by users who pointed out that it was targeting Hindu women, sharing their photos and abusing them.
The case has been registered against the unknown culprits under sections 153(A) (Promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion etc), 153(B) (Imputations, assertions prejudicial to national integration), 295(A) (Deliberate and malicious acts, intended to outrage religious feelings), 354D (stalking), 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman), 500 (criminal defamation) of the Indian Penal Code and Section 67 (publishing or transmitting obscene material in electronic form) of Information Technology Act.
The Delhi police on Sunday registered a case based on a complaint filed by a woman journalist alleging that she was being targetted by an unidentified group of people on a mobile application named 'Bulli Bai' created on GitHub platform.
A court in Uttarakhand granted Mumbai police four-day transit remand of Shweta Singh so that she could be brought to the city.
This could have led to communal tension which the prompt arrests of three accused averted, the police said in a release.
The city police's cyber cell submitted its affidavit before the metropolitan magistrate in suburban Bandra opposing the bail pleas filed by the three accused in the case -- Vishal Kumar Jha, Shweta Singh and Mayank Rawat.
The Bulli Bai app had made public the details of several Muslim women in a bid to malign them, allowing users to participate in their 'auction'.
Bishnoi, a resident of Jorhat who studies in Bhopal, is also the creator of the 'Bulli Bai' app on the platform GitHub as well as the main Twitter account holder of 'Bulli Bai', police said.
Police said that Bishnoi was in touch with the alleged creator of the 'Sulli Deals' app.
A Mumbai court on Monday extended till January 14 the police custody of Shweta Singh and Mayank Rawal, arrested from Uttarakhand in connection with the case pertaining to the 'Bulli Bai' app, which targeted Muslim women by putting up their images online for 'auction.'
Mumbai Police has not revealed the identity of the suspect detained from Bengaluru yet, except for his age.
Magistrate KC Rajput of Bandra court had granted bail to Vishal Kumar Jha, Shweta Singh and Mayank Agarwal on April 12, while it had denied bail to other accused Omkareshwar Thakur and Neeraj Singh.
A 21-year-old youth, who was arrested from Kotdwar in Pauri district of Uttarakhand in connection with the controversial Bulli Bai mobile app, is a student of a Delhi University college, police officials said.
Mumbai sessions court has asked the police to submit their reply within two days in the bail plea of 18-year-old accused Shweta Singh arrested in connection with the Bulli Bai App case.
The Delhi Commission For Women on Monday asked the police officials to appear before it later this week in connection with a probe into objectionable content on 'Bulli Bai' and 'Sulli Deal' apps.
The court considered that the accused are first time offenders and continued incarceration would be detrimental to their overall wellbeing.
Hundreds of Muslim women were listed for "auction" on the mobile application with photographs sourced without permission and doctored.
A team led by Mumbai cyber unit's Deputy Commissioner of Police Rashmi Karandikar started a probe into the case and formed teams comprising personnel from the east, central and west region cyber police stations here to nab the culprits, the official said.
Police has has also sought information from GitHub platform about the 'Bulli Bai' app developer.
Harassment of Muslim women in India through social media apps such as "Sulli Deals" must be condemned and prosecuted as soon as they occur, a UN Special Rapporteur has said.
The NCW has written to the Delhi Police to expedite its action in the case against the 'Bulli Bai' app, floated for trolling and harassing the victims, to ensure that such crimes do not recur.
The Delhi police stated Thakur had deleted the contents of his laptop, and his laptop and phones along with those of Niraj Bishnoi, the creator of the 'Bulli Bai' app and arrested earlier by the Delhi police from Assam, have been sent to the National Forensic Science Lab to ascertain their contents and access details.
Aumkareshwar Thakur (26) will be prosecuted under section 196 of the Criminal Procedure Code, which pertains to prosecution for offences against the State and for criminal conspiracy to commit such offence.
In its notice, the panel said it had taken sou-moto cognisance of a video posted online on Twitter which showcased a Clubhouse conversation on the topic 'Muslim gals are more beautiful than Hindu gals'.
Social media needs to be made more accountable and stricter rules in this regard could be brought in if there is political consensus on the matter, Information Technology Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw said in Rajya Sabha on Friday.
The Indore police on Sunday said their Delhi counterparts have not shared any information with them about the arrest of a 26-year-old man, believed to be the creator of 'Sulli Deals' app, from Indore in Madhya Pradesh.
The court at this stage cannot ignore the peculiar facts of the case which reflect upon the severity and gravity of the alleged acts of the accused, it said.
'Unfortunately, our political class is not interested in making this society equal. They just want to exploit the situation for their own benefit.'
'The reason why we have reached such depths is because of the breakdown of the rule of law, and not the political atmosphere.' 'Yes, the political atmosphere has aggravated the situation.'
The development comes a day after the Delhi Police's Intelligence Fusion and Strategic Operations unit which works under the supervision of Special Cell filed a first information report (FIR) against the unknown persons in the matter.
The father of a 26-year-old man, believed to be the creator of the 'Sulli Deals' app and arrested by the Delhi police from Indore in Madhya Pradesh, claimed on Sunday that his son was being framed in the case.