Curfew clamped in Mangaluru in the aftermath of the violent protests against the Citizenhip Amendment Act on December 19 was lifted on Sunday for 12 hours, as no untoward incident was reported from the city.
Jaleel, 49, and Nausheen, 23, were killed due to bullet injuries when police opened fire at an anti-CAA protest march in Bunder area in the heart of the city on December 19.
Police said the curfew was lifted from 6 am to 6 pm on Sunday to enable people purchase essential commodities.
No untoward incident has been reported in Mangaluru so far, they said.
The mobile internet data, which was suspended on Thursday night after the police firing that claimed two lives, was restored Saturday night, police said.
The suspension of internet helped bring down the intensity of the protest and creating any further disturbance in the district as it checked the spread of rumours and fake news, they said.
Police had clamped curfew in parts of Mangaluru until Friday night and later extended it in the entire Mangaluru commissionerate limits till the midnight of December 22.
The prohibitory orders under Code of Criminal Procedure Section 144 were also lifted in Kalaburagi on Sunday as vehicular movements were observed.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Kalaburagi had imposed Section 144 from December 19 till December 21 late night.
"Section 144 ended in the midnight of December 21 and normalcy is back in the city with buses, vehicles running as scheduled," DCP Kishorbabu confirmed over the phone.
"Three days ago, despite the imposition of Section 144, a huge black flag protest was held in Kalaburagi against the CAA. Now after three days, everything is normal in the city," said a local resident B M Rawoor.
Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa had promised on Saturday after discussions with police officials that curfew would be totally lifted from Monday ahead of the Christmas festivities, while prohibitory orders will continue till normality was restored.
Yediyurappa on Sunday announced a compensation of Rs 10 lakh each to the families of Jaleel and Nausheen.
Meanwhile, Janata Dal-Secular leader and former Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy on Sunday visited the families of the two men killed in police firing on December 19.
Former Chief Minister Siddaramaiah was barred entry to Mangaluru on Saturday to visit the city.
Kumaraswamy drove from the airport to Kudroli, where he visited the family of Nausheen who was killed in the police firing, and later the kin of Jaleel.
The former chief minister met the family members, expressed his condolences and handed over a cheque of Rs five lakh each to them on behalf of his party.
He also visited the Highland hospital where people injured in the protest, including former mayor Ashraf, have been admitted.
Kumaraswamy also tweeted a video of his meeting with the family of Nausheen, and urged the state government to investigate the incident in a transparent manner.
However, Mangaluru city police has named the two people killed in police firing as accused in the first information report (FIR) on the protests.
As per the FIR, Jaleel and Nausheen were part of the violent protest against CAA, which was organised by Muslim organisations.
Jaleel has been named as accused No. 3 while Nausheen has been named accused No. 8 in the FIR.
A total of 77 people have been included in the FIR for their involvement in the protests.
With ANI inputs