Kanak Soneja shows us how to bake eggless carrot cake.
Eggless Carrot Cake
You can bake it like a teacake or have it like a muffin.
Watch the video below to see how to make eggless carrot cake:
Recipe by Kanak Soneja, alumni, Academy of Pastry and Culinary Arts Gurgaon
- 75 ml oil
- 50 ml milk
- 70 gm flour
- 85 gm brown sugar
- 2 gm baking soda
- 1 gm salt
- 2 gm cinnamon
- 90 gm grated carrots
- 25 gm walnuts
For cream cheese filling
- 60 gm cream cheese
- 7 gm vanilla essence
- 20 gm sugar
- 20 gm whipping cream
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 25 gm butter
For the cake
- Mix together all ingredients except carrots and walnuts.
- Add in grated carrots and walnuts.
- Pour into the mould and bake at 160°C for 45 minutes.
For the cream cheese filling
- Whip all the ingredients except whipping cream.
- Whip the cream separately and fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- When the cake is ready, secure one end with a plastic wrap and make a hole in the centre.
- Pipe the filling into the cake by tapping slowly. Allow it to set and remove the wrap. Cut into slices and enjoy.
- Alternately, you can bake the cake in muffin moulds and top with cream cheese filling.
- Serve chilled.
Would you like to share an interesting recipe or cooking video?