Did you know that the direction of the master bedroom can influence your love life?
It's that time of the year when love is in the air.
But for a lot of married couples who are busy in their personal and professional lives, there is very little time for intimacy.
Have you ever thought that maybe it's the way your bedroom or private space is designed that is causing problems in your life?
Vastu shastra is the science of designing or reorganising spaces to attract positive energies and find solutions to every day problems.
Here are 10 simple but effective ways to re-design your home, especially the master bedroom, so you can bring peace and love in your life.
1. The Master bedroom for couples who are in-charge of the family should always be in the South-West direction. This makes the bonding and the love ties stronger.
2. Couples should have idols of love birds, doves or rabbits (all in pairs) in their bedroom.
There can also be an image of Radha and Krishna who are worshipped as the most romantic couples in the Hindu Pantheon in the bedroom. Except that there should not be any image of Gods and Goddesses.
Pictures of the dead and departed and those that depict violence are not ideal in a couple’s bedroom.
3. If there is a mirror in the bedroom, it should be hidden and its exposure should be avoided while romancing or expressing love.
The larger the mirror, the greater the strain in the marital relationship.
4. The walls of the master bedroom in the south-west direction should be painted in pink or grey colors for harmony and peaceful love in the relationship.
Choosing the right wall colour also helps remove any negativity from your relation.
5. The wife should always sleep on the left side of the husband for a harmonious and loving relationship
6. There should be only one single or queen size bed.
One should strictly avoid having two beds or mattresses joined together. This may create tension between the couple.
7. For a happy married life, photos of couples should be displayed in the West direction.
8. To make the couple bedroom attract positive energy, couples should use aromatic and red/pink/pastel shade candles, floral decorations, pink rose crystals etc to decorate the room.
9. The North to East area of the house should be kept completely clean, clutter free and colour compliant.
There should be small trees and blue or green colour is highly essential.
10. Extensive use of electrical gadgets should be avoided in the bedroom as they distract relationships by creating stress and tension.
The above pointers should help bring a pleasant atmosphere at your residence.
A pleasant atmosphere will lead to a happy mind set, ultimately leading to uninterrupted exchange of thoughts.
Dr Raviraj Ahirrao is co-founder, VastuRaviraj that provides vastu consultancy and solutions. He can be contacted on email@example.com.