International culinary expert Mariko Amekodommo has some favourite go-to nutritious breakfast recipes.
"One of my most popular requests from the hottest men in Hollywood and Bollywood (and everywhere in between) is easy breakfast recipes that can be ready in minutes," she reveals.
"Most importantly, these breakfasts need to be high in protein and low in sugar to match their fitness goals. They also contain high quality fats (like avocado, nuts and seeds) to boost their metabolism, increase energy and keep their brain sharp.
"Another requirement is that it should be something they can do themselves without having to wait for their cook, wife or girlfriend," she adds.
Here are two quick and easy high-protein breakfast recipes by Mariko.
Avocado Baked Eggs
These are a favourite because they can be customised in a million different ways and make a great post-workout breakfast.
Put them in the oven before you jump into the shower and, when you get out, a 5-star worthy breakfast is ready for you to enjoy.
- 1 avocado, sliced in half with the pit removed and skin left intact
- 2 eggs
- Choice of fresh herbs, grated cheese and spices for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 140°C.
- Place the sliced avocado in a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Crack the eggs and drop them in the centre of the avocado.
- Garnish with your favourite add-ons. You can use feta cheese, fresh herbs, chilli flakes and coriander.
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the yolk is cooked to order.
Protein Packed Overnight Oats
You can make this essential breakfast in minutes -- it's impossible to mess this up and it can be customised to your flavour preference.
Make them the night before -- and even double or triple the recipe so you have a week's worth of breakfast meal-prep ready.
The combination of low glycaemic oats, protein and natural sweetener is the perfect pre-workout boost.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almond or regular milk
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 scoop protein powder (vanilla or chocolate)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped nuts of your choice
- Fresh fruit of your choice
- Add all ingredients (except the fruit) to a medium bowl and stir.
Cover the bowl and keep it in refrigerator.
Next day, garnish with your favourite sliced fresh fruits and serve.