Recreate this 5-star Italian recipe by international culinary expert Mariko Amekodommo at home for your loved ones.
"It is easy to create a delicious and elegant meal at home that will impress all the amazing people in your life," says Mariko.
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
This is one of the most ordered fine-dining dishes around the world and it's also the easiest to make.
The key lies in choosing high quality parmesan cheese.
If you want to get extra fancy, serve with a simple rucola salad with a drizzle of olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper and extra shavings of parmesan.
- 500 gm uncooked spaghetti
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup chopped Italian basil
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Boil the pasta in a large pot of water with 1 tbsp of salt.
Cook for 12 minutes or until al dente; personally, I cook mine a few minutes longer.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to a bowl.
- In a saucepan, over low heat, add olive oil, salt, pepper, chilli flakes, garlic and cook until garlic is golden brown, for about 8 minutes.
- Turn off heat.
Toss in pasta and coat it with the mixture.
Transfer to a bowl.
- Garnish with basil and parmesan cheese.