Manasi Sadarangani shows you how to whip up a quick vegetarian pasta with local ingredients.
- 500 gm fusilli pasta, cooked
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 bell peppers (1 each of red, yellow and green capsicum), chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped fine
- 1 cup corn, boiled
- 2-3 broccoli florets
- 2-3 tbsp olives, sliced
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp of any bottled pasta sauce (to add extra zest)
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- Grated cheese (optional)
- Salt as per taste
- Heat oil in large pot or kadai over a medium flame.
Add garlic, onion and cook slowly for 2-3 minutes until onion becomes little brown.
- Add corn in a kadai with other veggies.
Add bell peppers and keep flame high.
Saute till bell peppers becomes soft. Add carrot.
- If you are using broccoli, first boil it and add salt in it.
You can also add broccoli while making the pasta.
- Add black pepper, chilli flakes, oregano, tomato ketchup, grated cheese and salt as per taste.
- Add cooked pasta in the kadai.
Stir for a few minutes so that the pasta mixes well with the veggies and other ingredients.
Garnish with mixed herbs, chili flakes and black olives (optional). Serve in a plate or else a bowl with a vegetable soup.