Food blogger Manasi Sadarangani shares a popular recipe.
Kaju Paneer Masala
A special North Indian curry made with cashews and paneer cubes, Kaju Paneer Masala is a creamy gravy mostly served with garlic naan, butter naan, rumali roti or chapati.
It's simple and easy to make with ingredients readily available at home.
Here's the recipe
- 2 tbsp oil
- 8-10 cubes paneer
- 2 tbsp cashews
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves
- 1/2 tsp gram flour
- 2 cardamom
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 2-3 tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cashew paste (or cream)
- Water as per requirement
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp kasturi methi
- Coriander, finely chopped
- In a kadai, heat 2 tbsp oil and saute bay leaf, cloves, cardamom, jeera and finely chopped onion.
- Saute till onion changes its colour to golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and tomatoes. Saute on low flame.
- Grind the above mixture and let it cool.
- Marinate paneer cubes with turmeric, red chilli powder, gram flour and coriander powder.
- In a kadhai, heat butter, add the ground mixture and saute well.
- Add paneer cubes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt as per taste.
- In a grinder add some cashew and blend it into smooth paste by adding water.
- Add this paste into the kadai and mix well.
- Add kasturi methi, add water, if required to adjust consistency.
- Cover the kadai and let it cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the flavours are well absorbed.
- Garnish it with some cashews and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with roti or naan.
Would you like to share an interesting recipe or cooking video?