Bored of home cooked food? Try out this interesting recipe by Priya Prabhu.
Indonesian Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng)
- 1 cup (250 gm) rice, cooked and cooled
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 200 gm chicken cut into thin strips (skip for veg)
- 1 egg beaten (skip for veg)
- 2 eggs
- 200 gm carrot, finely chopped
- 200 gm of cabbage, finely chopped
- 100 gm green beans, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp hot sauce (any spicy red chilli based sauce)
- Few green parts of spring onion
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- On high flame heat the oil.
Add finely chopped garlic and saute.
Add chicken pieces.
Let chicken cook.
Once chicken has cooked, add beaten eggs.
Let the eggs cook.
- Add the cooked rice and stir gently.
Add salt and black pepper.
Take the soya sauce in a small bowl and add the sugar to it.
Add the soya sauce to the rice and mix well.
Reduce flame slightly.
- Add vegetables and stir.
Add the hot sauce and ensure vegetables are cooked.
They can be crunchy to ensure fried rice taste stays intact. Switch off gas.
- On another pan fry the egg as a sunny side up.
Take rice in a plate, top it with the fried egg and serve hot.
We ask you, Dear Readers to share your special Christmas recipes.
It could be a secret recipe handed down by your mother or grandmother or your modern take on a traditional dish.
We're sure your recipe has a story behind it, so don't forget to tell us the background.
Send us your favourite Christmas recipes and we'll publish the best ones on Rediff.com.
Please mail your recipe(s)/video(s) to email@example.com (Subject: Christmas Recipe) along with your name, location and, of course, the recipe(s).
Don't forget to share a pic of the recipe as well.