A simple, delicious strawberry-based recipe, easily rustled up at home.
- 100 gm dark Swiss chocolate slab (85 per cent cocoa), roughly chopped.
If Swiss chocolate not available substitute with another fine chocolate brand
- 400 gm strawberries, washed and drained but don't remove the stems or the leaves
- 30 gm white or milk chocolate, roughly chopped, optional
- Parchment paper to set the strawberries on; can use foil or a silicone baking mat too
- Create a water bath for the chocolate by filling a larger pot halfway with boiling water.
Fill the chopped chocolate in a smaller pot and place it inside the large one.
Make sure the water doesn't enter the smaller pot. Ideally the smaller pot should sit in a few inches of water only.
- Alternatively melt the chocolate in a microwave.
Microwave the chocolate in a glass bowl for 20 seconds.
If it doesn't melt, heat for a further 20 seconds.
Keep checking the chocolate and don't keep it too long in the microwave or it may burn.
- Stir the chocolate gradually as it begins to melt.
Once melted, place in a deep bowl.
- Gently hold the strawberries by their leafy tops and dip 3/4 of each strawberry or more into the melted chocolate.
Tap off any excess chocolate and place them on parchment paper to set.
- Once the chocolate-dipped strawberries have cooled, melt the white or milk chocolate using a double boiler. Drizzle the melted white chocolate over the chocolate-coated strawberries.
- Serve with a side of freshly cut fruits.
Recipe contributed by Switzerland Tourism.