Before the strawberry season comes to an end, try out this hearty soup recipe.
- 8 cups fresh ripe strawberries, hulled and halved
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 to 2 tbsp sugar depending on taste preference
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- Salt as required
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Take a pot, add olive oil, ground ginger, cut strawberries and cook until it gets soft. Cool the above and add all ingredients to the blender except for the fresh mint. You might need to do this in batches depending on the size of your blender. Blend until everything is creamy.
- Take a pot put the blended mixture and reheat again. Check the seasoning and serve in bowls. Add fresh mint leaves and slice or chop strawberries on top of it.
Shibendu Ray Chaudhury is the executive sous chef of Renaissance Mumbai.