Malaika Arora practicing yoga is the fitness motivation you need to start your day.
Malaika Arora showed off her flexibility as she shared her yoga pics on Instagram.
Giving us a glimpse of her doing the cobra pose, she wrote: 'Bhujangasana (cobra pose) is useful for respiratory disorders such as asthma and aids in the toning of abdominal muscles and improving flexibility.'
Sharing her technique of getting the pose right, she added:
1. Lie down flat on your stomach. Rest your palms by the side of your chest, arms close to your body, elbows pointing outward.
2. Inhale and raise your forehead, neck and shoulders.
3. Raise your trunk using the strength of your arms. Look upward breathing normally.
4. Make sure that your stomach is pressed on the floor. Hold the pose for 5 seconds.
5. Slowly lie back flat on your stomach. Turn your head to one side and rest your arms by the side of your body.
To motivate her followers on Instagram, Malaika has been sharing her technique of doing various asanas.
She also shared her tips for doing virabhadrasana (warrior pose), which celebrates the strength in you.
'The pose stretches your hips, groins and shoulders. It improves stability and balance, enhancing respiration and blood circulation,' she revealed.
Sharing the technique to do the pose, she wrote:
1. Stand up with legs 4 to 5 feet apart. Keep your right foot at a 90 degree angle and with your right toes pointing out, keep your left foot at 45 degrees.
2. Bring your hands by the shoulder level, parallel to ground. Bend your right knee and look towards right hands.
3. Keep your hip square and right thigh parallel to the ground. Hold for 10 to 15 seconds and release the posture.
According to Malaika, vasisthasana (side plank pose), above, 'is a miracle asana, which has both physical and psychological benefits.
'It stretches and strengthens the back, opening the chest, shoulders and throat.
'It cultivates a feeling of universal love and acceptance.'
Her tips to nail the pose include:
1. Start with high plank pose. Keep your wrist under the shoulders and toes strong.
2. Turn your body to the left side and shift your body weight on your left palm and left foot.
3. Take your right hand over your head.
4. Now try to take your left leg straight, in front off the floor and keep it in your the line of your waist. Look towards your left palm.
5. Hold for a few breaths and release the posture.