With 2020 fast approaching, it's time to get started with a healthy plan for the New Year.
Chef Kalia Murthy, Chef De Cuisine, Elior India shares his recipe. You can share your healthy food recipes too!
Quinoa salad with arugula, sweet potatoes and apples
Serves: 10 to 12 portions
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ cup quinoa
- 679 gm sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch dices
- Freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 large green apples, cut into ½ inch dices
- ½ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 packed cups arugula
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add quinoa and toast over moderate heat, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of water, season with salt and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer the quinoa for 16 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff the quinoa, spread it out on a baking sheet and refrigerate until it is chilled, about 20 minutes.
- On a baking sheet, toss the sweet potatoes with 1 tbsp of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 25 minutes, stirring once, until golden and softened. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining 6 tbsp of olive oil with the vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Add the quinoa, sweet potatoes, apples, parsley, onion and greens and toss well. Serve right away.
We will publish the best ones right here on Rediff.com!