Executive Chef, Dinesh Mhatre, Hilton Mumbai International Airport shares delectable recipes for your New Year party.
Cauliflower and Vanilla Panna Cotta
- 200 gm cauliflower florets
- 2 gm vanilla bean pod
- 100 ml fresh cream
- 100 ml whipped cream
- 20 gm agar agar
- 5 gm salt
- In a thick bottom pan, take clean cauliflower, fresh cream, salt and vanilla pod.
- Keep it on slow fire boiling for 20 minutes. Take out the vanilla pod.
- Make a fine puree of the mixture, add agar agar and whipped cream.
- Pour the contents in a mould and keep it in a chiller for 2 to 3 hours. Serve it chilled.
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp light rum
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 3¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tsp sour dough
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
- ½ vanilla bean (split in half lengthwise)
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ cup tepid water
- 1 tbsp honey
- 10½ tbsp unsalted butter (well softened)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter (chilled)
- ⅔ cup candied orange peel in ¼ inch pieces
Day 1: Soaking
- Mix refined floor and water. Keep it aside to prepare as a sour dough
- Soak raisins, lemon zest, candied orange peel, light rum and hot water. Keep soaking overnight
Day 2: Making the dough
- In a bowl take sour dough, all the soaked ingredients mixture. Add all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, salt, vanilla bean, eggs, tepid water, honey, unsalted butter (melted) and mix well. Keep it rising for 12 to 15 hours.
Day 3: Finishing the dough and baking
- Mix the dough with chilled butter and keep it for resting for 2 hours.
- Pour the dough in a panettone mould and keep for rising for about 45 minutes.
- Bake it for 20 minutes at 180°C to 200°C temperature. You can use powdered sugar to decorate the ready sweet bread.
Hazelnut Crusted Cheese Potato Croquet
- 200 gm mashed potato
- 80 gm processed cheese, grated
- 10 gm chopped coriander
- 5 gm salt
- 2 gm black pepper
- 100 gm bread crumbs
- 60 gm hazelnut, crushed
- 300 ml refined oil
- In a bowl take mashed potato, grated cheese, coriander, salt, black pepper and mix it well. Check for the seasoning.
- Make small cylinder shaped dumplings, coat it with a mix of bread crumbs and crushed hazelnut.
- Ina frying pan, heat the oil and shallow fry, till you get a nice golden color. Serve it hot.
Peanut Butter Cookie
- 175 gm butter
- 175 gm peanut butter
- 80 gm brown sugar
- 100 gm castor sugar
- 2 gm salt
- 350 gm flour
- 2 gm baking soda
- 80 gm crushed peanuts
- In a bowl, take soft butter, peanut butter, castor sugar, brown sugar and whisk it nicely till you get creamy texture.
- Add salt, flour, baking soda, crushed peanut. Mix it nicely and make any shape of your liking for the dumplings.
- Bake it for 12 to 15 minutes at 180°C to 200°C temperature. Cookies are ready to be enjoyed.