Transform leftover idlis into a yummy brekker dish with this simple Idli Upma recipe from Sunita Harisinghani.
- 7-8 leftover idlis
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp rai or mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal or white gram
- 7-8 curry leaves
- 5 dried red chillies
- 1 pinch hing or asafoetida
- 3 tsp or less sugar
- Salt per taste
- Chopped green dhania or coriander or cilantro, for the garnish
- Crumble the idlis using a fork or your hands and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a heavy-bottomed kadhai or pan.
Add the mustard seeds, and once it crackles add the urad dal, curry leaves, red chillies and asafoetida.
Add the crumbled idlis and toss well.
Add the sugar, salt and keep frying on low heat for a few minutes.
Take off heat, transfer to a serving dish, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve warm.