Rediff reader Manasi Sadarangani shows you how to add veggies to your omelette to make it interesting.
I have seen a lot of people having eggs for breakfast or lunch.
Here's a simple recipe to make your omelette healthier.
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 capsicums finely chopped
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt as required
- Break the eggs into a bowl and beat them gently.
- Add onions, capsicum, carrot and coriander leaves.
- Add salt and black pepper and red chilli powder. Beat well to mix all ingredients.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and grease with oil.
- Pour the egg mixture and cook on medium flame for 3 to 5 minutes.
- When the base firms up, flip it to the other side and cook till done.
- Serve hot with bread and tomato ketchup or have it as a side dish with rice or roti.