Rediff reader Sangita Agrawal shares a simple recipe. You can share yours too!
- 1 mango peeled
- 100 gm fresh paneer
- 2 tbsp powder sugar
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp pistachio chopped fine
- A few strands of saffron
- Mash paneer with the heel of your palm till it is smooth and creamy.
- Add cardamom powder and sugar. Knead again so that it is a homogeneous mixture.
- Divide the mixture into 6 to 8 equal parts and roll them as logs, and set aside.
- Slice the mango into very thin slices taking care not to break them.
- Keep the first slice from both the sides aside as they will be smaller than the rest.
- Place a paneer log in the center of one mango slice and cover by over lapping the slice from both the sides.
- Make all the rolls similarly.
- Now place a strand of saffron and some pistachio on each roll.
- Place covered in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Enjoy the rolls.
Have an interesting summer recipe you want to share?
We'll publish the best ones right here on Rediff.com.