Chef Prashant Suryawanshi, executive chef at Courtyard by Marriott, Siliguri shares an age old recipe.
Gosht Rogan Josh
- 80 gm onion
- 250 gm lamb boti (pieces)
- 10 gm salt
- 20 ml mustard oil
- 10 gm ginger garlic paste
- 5 gm garam masala
- 10 gm kashmiri red chili
- 5 gm bay leaves
- 2 gm black cardamom
- 2 gm green cardamom
- 500 ml lamb stock
- 20 ml oil
- Clean and cut the lamb boti.
- Heat a handi and add oil. Add whole spices and let it crackle.
- Add thin slices of onion and cook till it reaches golden colour. Add boti and cook it well.
- Add very little turmeric, coriander, chili paste and salt
- Fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till it leaves oil.
- Add tomato puree and cook further till it leaves oil.
- Add some lamb stock/water and bring it to boil. Simmer on a very slow flame.
- Cook till meat is tender.
- Finish it with fennel powder and garam masala powder.
Photograph and recipe: Courtyard by Marriott, Siliguri