The perfect recipe to binge on a Sunday.
Minced Lamb Burger
Recipe by chef Roger Gonsalves, corporate chef, Esora, Mumbai
- 2 red capsicums, halved, deseeded
- Olive oil spray
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 4 (about 100 g each) lean lamb leg steaks
- 130 gm (1/2 cup) low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1 cucumber, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
- 4 burger buns, split, lightly toasted
- Baby rocket leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the capsicum, skin-side up, on the lined tray. Lightly spray with olive oil spray. Roast in oven for 20 minutes or until charred and blistered.
- Transfer to a sealable plastic bag and set aside for 20 minutes (this helps lift the skin). Peel the skin from the capsicum and discard. Cut the flesh into 3 cm-wide strips.
- Meanwhile, combine the olive oil, garlic, cumin and 2 tbsps of lemon juice in a glass or ceramic bowl.
- Add the lamb and turn to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Combine the yoghurt, cucumber and remaining lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Preheat a chargrill on high. Lightly spray with olive oil spray. Drain the lamb from the marinade.
- Cook on grill for 2 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 3 minutes to rest.
- Divide the bases of the burger buns among serving plates. Top with the rocket leaves, capsicum, lamb and yoghurt mixture.
- Top with the remaining buns to serve.